Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kman's Tesla Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I take it you have the SnowJoe blower? I'm wanting to buy the new Ryobi (Home Depot) / Greenworks (Canadian Tire rebranded Ryobi) 80V model here in Toronto but only when it goes on sale. I've grown old and tired of shovelling manually and since we only have a single car garage and drive way in a townhouse I think it should work well.

I take it you have the SnowJoe blower? I'm wanting to buy the new Ryobi (Home Depot) / Greenworks (Canadian Tire rebranded Ryobi) 80V model here in Toronto but only when it goes on sale. I've grown old and tired of shovelling manually and since we only have a single car garage and drive way in a townhouse I think it should work well.

Yah, the SnowJoe blower. Build quality is nice, push button chute rotation motor, and a headlight. It's bright too. Had a power outage this summer, used the headlight to light up my garage while I was patching in my 12v lead acid battery bank into the 2,000 watt inverter to run some fans, lamps and the tv/roku. I noticed, they also have a cordless "snow broom" now, that uses the same 40v battery. Ultra Lightweight too. A but too small for my driveway and sidewalk and back patio, but great for small drives like yours. I'd say, a one car driveway, would take about 6 passes to cover with the broom one. But then again, your in Canada, though, at the about the same longitude as I am, so maybe snow fall is about the same (other then this Spring Like December we are having...)

YouTube Chicago Popup Space And a Big Thank You to my Viewers and YouTube! Happy New Year!
===========================================
In October 2015, I attended a private invite only Closed Door event in Chicago, Illinois hosted by YouTube. At this Event, I had the opportunity to interact with other YouTube Creators (You might even recognize some of them in the video, including Storm Chasers, and Cooking with Transvestites).
I wanted to put together a little walk around showing some of the people. It was a amazing event, I learned a lot, including optimizing my channel, better filming practices and so much more (it was a cram packed weekend at 12+ hours/day).
Ending, I give a big thank you to My Fans that have made my Channel Possible, The other YouTube Creators, whom I learn much from and once more to YouTube itself, for giving me this opportunity!

https://www.facebook.com/KmanAuto
https://www.YouTube.com/KmanAuto
Secured Home of superchargertravel.com

Tesla Motors: Keep Heat and Power on Without Driver
=========================================
In this video, I show how to keep the heat on in your Model S, and Electronics active while the driver exits the vehicle. Great if you need to run in the store, or someplace else while passengers are staying in the vehicle. Also known as Camper Mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to use the SnowJoe for the first time. First Lithium tool i've ever gotten where I'm not impressed. I have a review coming, may post it here along with a Tesla video since we brought it up. the 40v SnowJoe just doesn't have the power, and stalls out with anything more then a inch or two.

Have to agree with you IB...I bought a couple of Snow Joe's for home and office...the power is just not enough yet, and they get overwhelmed far too easily imo.
Yah, like I said, the first Lithium powered tool that I am now really, really disappointed in. Since I got the display model, and only paid $100 with battery and charger, and the batteries cost more then what I paid for everything, I'm not "too" upset. I have the SunJoe Chainsaw, and that thing rocks. Nothing slows that sucker down. Goes for 45+ minutes straight cut after cut after cut.

I will try the Snowjoe for the rest of this season, see how it does on lighter snowfall. I will admit, my gas blower had a bit of trouble in the same snowing, but still got through it in a fraction of the time.

I might sell the blower at the end of the season or beginning of the next season, but will keep the battery since I can use it in my Chainsaw.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a 110v SnowJoe that worked well up to about 6" of snow... otherwise it would take several passes to clear just one path.

I broke down and bought a larger, but still small-ish ICE snow blower. This thing rocks on clearing up to about 1' of snow in just one pass down to the surface.

Yah, the 110/120v plug in ones seem to do a bit better. I believe the SnowJoe is a 600watt brush-less motor, where as the 120v ones are usually around 1000 to 1200 watt.

REVIEW: Snow Joe iON18SB Ion Cordless Snow Blower Rechargeable Ecosharp 40-volt Lithium-Ion Battery
If you are just doing a walk, or just get 1-2 inches of snow, this may work for you. Anything over that, forget it. It advertises to cut though 8 inch deep of snow, not in this life time. maybe working it back and fourth clearing once inch at a time, but it will take you a month to clear your driveway. This unit is very under-powered. As soon as it hits that snow bank, even gently, it comes to a complete stop.
If you have just a little snow, or don't mind clearing your driveway 2-4 times during a snow storm so it doesn't build up, then this blower is for you. Check it out at Amazon.com : Snow Joe iON18SB Ion Cordless Single Stage Brushless Snow Blower with Rechargeable Ecosharp 40-volt Lithium-Ion Battery : Patio, Lawn Garden

Kmans Approved Products - Electronics Kman's Approved Product Store

Tesla Model S: Defroster Test during Ice Storm on the Ice-T
============================================
In this video, I sacrifice many kWh to attempt to de-snow and de-ice the Model S. All 4 doors were frozen shut, and the trunk had so much frozen ice and snow on it I could not lift it more then a few inches by myself. Yes, it was that heavy.

So, after about 40 minutes, the side windows were de-snowed, doors un-frozen, but the Sub-Freezing Temps, High Winds, and additional sleet made it very difficult.
On the bright side, it did warm up enough to "De-Stick" the coating of ice on the windows, eventually allowing me to easily brush everything off.

REVIEW: Snow Joe iON18SB Ion Cordless Snow Blower Rechargeable Ecosharp 40-volt Lithium-Ion Battery
If you are just doing a walk, or just get 1-2 inches of snow, this may work for you. Anything over that, forget it.

Yeah, my corded Snow blower has been working so well, I'll just live with the cord and not upgrade for a while till the cordless have enough power for our Canadian winter.
Thanks for the review!

Glad to hear things are working out on the Tesla front for you, looking forward to many more videos when you get your new one.

Thanks for the review. I've seen a few reviews but all of them are for the lower powered 40V blowers. Greenworks (sold by Canadian Tire) now has an 80V model

80V Cordless Snow Thrower - Greenworks

The body is identical to the Ryobi units which curiously is not available through Home Depot up here even though they seem to carry Ryobi exclusively. The only cordless snow blowers Home Depot has up here is the Snow Joe model.

In any case, it seems this unit might have the power to handle tough snow way better than the 40V models can. I've been tempted to buy one but I'm waiting for a sale. UPDATE: it's $50 off now and I have a few coupons lying around so I might have to grab and one and report back!!

Thanks for the review. I've seen a few reviews but all of them are for the lower powered 40V blowers. Greenworks (sold by Canadian Tire) now has an 80V model

80V Cordless Snow Thrower - Greenworks

The body is identical to the Ryobi units which curiously is not available through Home Depot up here even though they seem to carry Ryobi exclusively. The only cordless snow blowers Home Depot has up here is the Snow Joe model.

In any case, it seems this unit might have the power to handle tough snow way better than the 40V models can. I've been tempted to buy one but I'm waiting for a sale. UPDATE: it's $50 off now and I have a few coupons lying around so I might have to grab and one and report back!!

I have been playing around with the SnowJoe. I have a theory, that if I double the battery packs up (Currently it holds only one), when it is going into the snow, something that would be a stall moment, that the voltage drop might not be helping at all. I think if I double the packs, the voltage may hold better, and it will keep going a bit better. I'm going to try a hack job when I get some time, if it works, I will see about potentially getting a second battery box from SnowJoe parts department :)

I just picked up the 80V GreenWorks snow blower and put it together. I love how light it is, mine hangs from a hanger in the garage since space is limited in my single-car townhouse garage.

Now I'm waiting for the snow to arrive so I can test it :)
Got to Test mine again last night after about 3 inches of powder. Did great in powder. More experimentation to come!

- - - Updated - - -

Fire Explosion Fail Danger Risks Hoverboard (How to stop) io hawk, swegway, monorover, phunkeeduck
Low quality Smart Balancing 2 Wheel Electric Hoverboard Scooters are Exploding and Starting on fire all over the place. This somewhat lengthy video will talk about why some of these explode or start on fire, and how you can prevent that from happening!

Tesla Motors Model S: Kman's 90D Replacement Car Specs!
=======================================
With the new 90D Replacement for my Old, tired Model S in Production Queue, here are the specs I chose. As well, I got to test my "Green Screen Room" out for the first time!!!
Your Model S
Model S 90D
All-Wheel Drive
Range Upgrade
Solid Black Paint
Body Color Roof
19" Wheels
Multi-Pattern Black Seats
Piano Black Décor
Matching Yacht Floor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Interior and Lighting
Subzero Weather Package

With the new 90D Replacement for my Old, tired Model S in Production Queue, here are the specs I chose. As well, I got to test my "Green Screen Room" out for the first time!!!
Your Model S
Model S 90D
All-Wheel Drive
Range Upgrade
Solid Black Paint
Body Color Roof
19" Wheels
Multi-Pattern Black Seats
Piano Black Décor
Matching Yacht Floor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Interior and Lighting
Subzero Weather Package

congrats on the new 90D. What is happening to your problematic 60? Trade it in to Tesla/third party or selling it privately?

congrats on the new 90D. What is happening to your problematic 60? Trade it in to Tesla/third party or selling it privately?

Looking at recent CPO sales at $35K for a car with 60000 miles, I do wonder what a high mileage 60 would go for. I don't think there is any need to discount further than $35K, as that is less than a new BMW i3, and the 60 is so much more car than the i3...

Boo that you had so many problems with your current S60. Yay that you're getting a new 90D instead Kman.
Haha, yah :) Suppose it means, more videos for you all! And I can finally, start, chipping away at the 4 notebook pages, single spaced, both sides of Autopilot tests I have repaired. That alone will give me a year of content to make for you all.

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla Motors: Firmware 7.1 Update on Classic Model S (Pre-Autopilot)
=====================================================
I go over some of the features and changes in firmware 7.1 on a Classic Version (Non-Autopilot) Model S. Many more changes were made on Autopilot cars, such as the new Summon Feature, which pulls the car in and out of a garage and opens and closes the garage door, without a driver in the vehicle. And improvements to auto-parking assist.

For the Classic S, all we got were Vehicle Lock improvements, auto-dim of the display (Variable Dimming), Supercharger Site availability (Mostly useless, as it only shows when a Supercharger is OFFLINE, which is almost never, we'd rather have it tell us how many stalls are open), and a number of small additional improvements.
And of course, bugs. ..... But still playing around with the bugs.

Tesla Motors: Dual Charger Exercising & Lidar opinions; MAPPING THE WORLD IN 3d!
==================================================
In this video, I cover just a couple of thoughts. First off, I discuss Dual Chargers and a Bit of Charging efficiency, as well as how to Exercise your slave charger to make sure it's functional (Rather then show up at a station in a emergency or during a road trip and find that it has failed).

I also talk a bit about Lidar; and my opinion on it's amazing'ness and how it could potentially be used to map our planet in 3d! I could go on for hours talking about the possibilities, but I tried keeping it short. Just watching some of the videos out, about what a autonomous car sees with it's Lidar, just blows me away at how far we've come with Technology!

For those who do not know; "Lidar (also written LIDAR, LiDAR or LADAR) is a remote sensing technology that measures distance by illuminating a target with a laser and analyzing the reflected light. Although thought by some to be an acronym of Light Detection And Ranging, the term lidar was actually created as a portmanteau of "light" and "radar"."

See this AWESOME KEYNOTE about using Lidar on Autonomous Vehicles!!!: CES 2016: DriveWorks - Modeling the Environment Around a Car (part 7) - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

Coming soon, Model S on a Truck Scale!