Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Later this year, Tesla will begin production of Supercharger equip. that will enable non-Tesla EV drivers in North America to use Tesla Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Source:

Reactions: mociaf9 and GtiMart
The relevant quote from that site:
Later this year, Tesla will begin production of new Supercharger equipment that will enable non-Tesla EV drivers in North America to use Tesla Superchargers.
Inside EVs has a story on this, but it's basically just reporting that one sentence, explaining the context that's already been discussed to death on this forum, and drawing the (possibly inaccurate) conclusion that CCS-equipped Superchargers will begin to appear by the end of the year. (It might not be that soon because it takes time to install equipment after it's produced or because the time frame in the White House fact sheet might be based on an "Elon time" estimate provided by Tesla to the government.) Still, this is the first time I've seen anything resembling an explicit time estimate for when these might start to roll out in the US, so that's progress of sorts.

Reactions: Genie and mociaf9
I've not read the original thread on this, and was unaware until today this is the plan going forward. Besides the short term financial benefit from the government I would think this would hurt Tesla in the long term. One of the (many) reasons I got my M3 was the Tesla network, and the lack of for all the competitors. This would even that playing field. During travel would be potential wait times at stations, adding drive time and frustration. The few trips I've done I've had no issues. But, a station near me currently has lines half the time I drive by.

What am I not seeing that makes this a good thing?

• Disagree
Reactions: Mockingbird
I've not read the original thread on this, and was unaware until today this is the plan going forward. Besides the short term financial benefit from the government I would think this would hurt Tesla in the long term. One of the (many) reasons I got my M3 was the Tesla network, and the lack of for all the competitors. This would even that playing field. During travel would be potential wait times at stations, adding drive time and frustration. The few trips I've done I've had no issues. But, a station near me currently has lines half the time I drive by.

I just returned from a 6k cross country trip. I ran into 2 stops where I had to wait about 10-15 minutes for a charger to be available. Then the charge rate was slow due to all chargers being used.
Opening the SC up to non Tesla's may become a problem for those that travel with the cars.

Read the original thread(s)...

Sorry, I know that may sound like a homework assignment, but we've been through the pros and cons ad infinitum. There is really no reason to start discussing here again.

Here are some threads for you to read:

The relevant quote from that site:

Inside EVs has a story on this, but it's basically just reporting that one sentence, explaining the context that's already been discussed to death on this forum, and drawing the (possibly inaccurate) conclusion that CCS-equipped Superchargers will begin to appear by the end of the year. (It might not be that soon because it takes time to install equipment after it's produced or because the time frame in the White House fact sheet might be based on an "Elon time" estimate provided by Tesla to the government.) Still, this is the first time I've seen anything resembling an explicit time estimate for when these might start to roll out in the US, so that's progress of sorts.
OMG you had me worried for a minute there. :rolleyes:

In other words I will believe it when I see it. :)

If Tesla doesn't take money, someone else would.

Last edited:
Read the original thread(s)...

Sorry, I know that may sound like a homework assignment, but we've been through the pros and cons ad infinitum. There is really no reason to start discussing here again.

Here are some threads for you to read:

LOL. Yep, looks like its been discussed... a bit. Thanks for the links.