Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also got my finalize e-mail last night, for reservation number 10,074. I was taken by surprise, but I was able to get an insurance quote today, and confirm that my garage has the proper wiring to support a 240V outlet, so I finalized this afternoon. It said my delivery estimate was Feb/March, but I'm skeptical of that, given my high reservation number.

I debated quite a bit on the tech package and the color (black or grey), but in the end I decided on Black, and opted to skip the tech package.

Black, 85 kWh, Active Air Suspension, Panoramic Roof, and Black Leather with Obeche Wood Gloss

It said my delivery estimate was Feb/March, but I'm skeptical of that, given my high reservation number.

Everyone keeps saying this.

I think it's fairly reasonable to believe the window to be accurate. There are cancellations. Some reservation holders want 40 and 60 versions. Some want regular suspension or red paint. And based on these boards, it's certain that the MS is being delivered out of sequence (in some cases, way out of sequence).

Everyone keeps saying this.

I think it's fairly reasonable to believe the window to be accurate. There are cancellations. Some reservation holders want 40 and 60 versions. Some want regular suspension or red paint. And based on these boards, it's certain that the MS is being delivered out of sequence (in some cases, way out of sequence).

60's will be well underway by Feb/Mar, and 40's, red paint and normal suspension are all also due in March, so if anything March will be really busy catching up with those orders. Definitely things are being build out of order, but that means you might get it earlier or might get it later. Better to assume later.

If you asked me some 10 days ago if P4218 will have a delivery window of 12/17 to 12/31, I would have said no way!! At 400 cars a week, by the end of march that's 5000 cars being built just in Q1. Now, I'm more optimistic that I could see my car in February, but won't be disappointed if it slips further out into march.

P10010 received finalize email last night, finalized and submitted MVPA tonight. Dolphin Grey, Pano roof, Grey leather interior, 85KW, every option except for paint protection and rear folding jump seats.. Went with dual chargers as well, since I built my own 75A OpenEVSE. The Grey leather may delay the estimated delivery window of "Feb/March 2013" as there was a little "asterisk" next to the Grey leather that said "not going into production until March 2013"

P10010 received finalize email last night, finalized and submitted MVPA tonight. Dolphin Grey, Pano roof, Grey leather interior, 85KW, every option except for paint protection and rear folding jump seats.. Went with dual chargers as well, since I built my own 75A OpenEVSE. The Grey leather may delay the estimated delivery window of "Feb/March 2013" as there was a little "asterisk" next to the Grey leather that said "not going into production until March 2013"

This is weird - I thought I have seen some recent deliveries with Grey leather from the other thread. If this is true, then I might need to change my leather color choice to avoid further delay on my delivery. I was expecting a Jan/Feb delivery based on George's communication on 60 kWh schedule.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi mitch672, would it be possible to post an image capturing the "asetrisk" with "not going into production until March 2013"? From my view, I still see "Enters production November 2012". Thanks in advance.

I was given a February/March delivery estimate.

I wasn't going to initially get the Air Suspension, but since standard suspension wasn't going into production until march, I opted in just in case the potential for getting it earlier was there. I'm sure I'll be happy I got it!

I feel that Feb/March may be accurate considering what has been stated here in addition to possible cancellations up through my #9,094 reservation!

Aaron

I was given a February/March delivery estimate.

I wasn't going to initially get the Air Suspension, but since standard suspension wasn't going into production until march, I opted in just in case the potential for getting it earlier was there. I'm sure I'll be happy I got it!

I feel that Feb/March may be accurate considering what has been stated here in addition to possible cancellations up through my #9,094 reservation!

Aaron

As we're both on that schedule, I'm hoping that the Feb/March delivery window holds up, although I do have my doubts. But it's forcing me to get some things in order before I had anticipated, like selling one of my other cars. As we have almost the same configuration, save for the wheels and decor, and we're only a few hundred places apart, we should be getting delivery only days or weeks apart. One of my first longer drives will be to my old neighborhood in Westchester County, so maybe we should get together for a drive/:)

You've got a deal! Would love a tandem drive! Will be so cool to see 2 Blue/Tan Model S's driving together!

I too have started getting things in order.... Contacted an electrician friend to come over and figure out logistics of my outdoor Nema 14-50 and also started shifting money in line for the purchase so I have it ready to go.

Aaron

arron.s & artsci
Good Luck on you Feb/March delivery estimate. I hope you are correct. I too was given the Feb/March delivery estimate, although I am one of those who ordered the RED, which will not be in production until March. I am located in Fremont, so delivery will be very easy, once they implement the new Red color in production.

I also got a Feb/Mar delivery date. I just signed the MPVA about 10 minutes ago.

aaron.s, i too have to get an electrician over soon, as well as a bigger project... turning two small garage bays into one big new one! right now, my bays are 93" wide for the 87" wingspan of the Tesla. I'm a good parker, but 3 inches of clearance on either side is a little tight for me!

for the record, i don't think i'll see the car before mid-April, but who knows...

Just a note for people to be aware of. I was invited to finalize my order earlier this week, which I did. On the website, it said my delivery timeframe would be "Feb-Mar 2013" . However, after working through the MVPA (I chose Sunset Red), I noticed that the MVPA said "Vehicle to be delivered on or about April 2013 - May 2013" on page 3. That's fine, but I might have missed it if I hadn't read through the MVPA thoroughly...Anyways, very excited for the car!!!

Just a note for people to be aware of. I was invited to finalize my order earlier this week, which I did. On the website, it said my delivery timeframe would be "Feb-Mar 2013" . However, after working through the MVPA (I chose Sunset Red), I noticed that the MVPA said "Vehicle to be delivered on or about April 2013 - May 2013" on page 3. That's fine, but I might have missed it if I hadn't read through the MVPA thoroughly...Anyways, very excited for the car!!!

As you go through the MVPA is initially defaults to a certain delivery range. As you choose certain options, your delivery date will change after you configure your car. You can actually go back and forth and see which choices would impact the delivery dates. My P7603 (Perf 85kw) was Feb-Mar, but on my P8501 it changed from Feb-Mar to Early 2013 due to the 40kw battery on that reservation.

Always read any contract (MPVA) all the way throuh so you don't get surprised by the fine print.

went for another spin today to nail down the final specs. we pulled the trigger tonight on #10,072, 85kW, pano, grey, 19", air, tech, sound, Black Leather, Obeche Gloss, parcel shelf, paint armor, twin chargers, and High Power Wall Connector. delivery is set for Feb/March 2013, contract comes tomorrow... didn't expect to be at this stage for months! was told they were on target for getting to 3,000 by years end, cranking out 90 a day now. GO TESLA GO!!

side note: production meters were installed on our 9.8kW solar array today, we are ready for the solar car of the future!

Got the email to build!

Got my email to build! Finalized in 5min! Iv'e known what I've wanted for a long time! I'm so excited! I'm getting a:

Black Performance
Pano Roof
Black Performance Interior
Obeche Gloss Wood
Tech Package
Studio Sound
21" Silver
Twin Chargers
Parcel Shelf
Carbon Fiber Spoiler

Delivery: Feb-March But hoping for delivery on my Birthday Jan18

It's an exciting and happy time but also bittersweet. My, Dad died this year tragically he was hit by a car on his bicycle, he wasn't only my dad but my best friend too. We did a lot of things together such as remote control cars and go karts. He was 68 but really a big kid at heart. We enjoyed talking about tech stuff and cars. I wish he was here to enjoy this with me. But I know he's looking down on me smiling, laughing that I'm spending this much money on a car. He would've told me to wait until they come down in price but I guess thats the difference between me and my Dad. Lol Can't wait to be part of Tesla Model S Club! I'm in San Francisco so when I get my car if any other Model s owners want to get together and share their Tesla stories that would be fun!

:biggrin:

Sorry about your Dad, I am sure he will always be riding shotgun!

What is your reservation number? I am anxiously awaiting my finalize email.

Got my email to build! Finalized in 5min! Iv'e known what I've wanted for a long time! I'm so excited! I'm getting a:

Black Performance
Pano Roof
Black Performance Interior
Obeche Gloss Wood
Tech Package
Studio Sound
21" Silver
Twin Chargers
Parcel Shelf
Carbon Fiber Spoiler

Delivery: Feb-March But hoping for delivery on my Birthday Jan18

It's an exciting and happy time but also bittersweet. My, Dad died this year tragically he was hit by a car on his bicycle, he wasn't only my dad but my best friend too. We did a lot of things together such as remote control cars and go karts. He was 68 but really a big kid at heart. We enjoyed talking about tech stuff and cars. I wish he was here to enjoy this with me. But I know he's looking down on me smiling, laughing that I'm spending this much money on a car. He would've told me to wait until they come down in price but I guess thats the difference between me and my Dad. Lol Can't wait to be part of Tesla Model S Club! I'm in San Francisco so when I get my car if any other Model s owners want to get together and share their Tesla stories that would be fun!

:biggrin: