Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my email to build! Finalized in 5min! Iv'e known what I've wanted for a long time! I'm so excited! I'm getting a:

Black Performance
Pano Roof
Black Performance Interior
Obeche Gloss Wood
Tech Package
Studio Sound
21" Silver
Twin Chargers
Parcel Shelf
Carbon Fiber Spoiler

Delivery: Feb-March But hoping for delivery on my Birthday Jan18

It's an exciting and happy time but also bittersweet. My, Dad died this year tragically he was hit by a car on his bicycle, he wasn't only my dad but my best friend too. We did a lot of things together such as remote control cars and go karts. He was 68 but really a big kid at heart. We enjoyed talking about tech stuff and cars. I wish he was here to enjoy this with me. But I know he's looking down on me smiling, laughing that I'm spending this much money on a car. He would've told me to wait until they come down in price but I guess thats the difference between me and my Dad. Lol Can't wait to be part of Tesla Model S Club! I'm in San Francisco so when I get my car if any other Model s owners want to get together and share their Tesla stories that would be fun!

:biggrin:
Read in another thread that you're (only) 32. Hope your Dad had you late(r) in life otherwise he died way too young?

Sorry for your loss.

My Dad taught me to drive. Like a maniac. (But he was very hands off.) One major lesson he taught me was "How would you like to meet yourself coming 'round the corner?"

Do they have 2 shifts running now? If one shift can handle 400/wk at max efficiency then theoretically they can pump out 800/week eventually? Do they plan on stopping the second shift?
Yes
Yes (actually, 3 shifts would be 1200/wk).
No. Elon's goal (and commitment) was to be at the 20K/yr minimum by Y/E, fully expecting to ramp to at least 30K ASAP (also to 30% gross margin). The reservations/orders are still "ramping", with marketing, public exposure, EU demos and Sig deliveries, stores, deployed nation-wide SuperCharging, and overt marketing still to contribute. TM is attempting to catch up to demand, but at the same time has many tools and weapons to make sure demand is way ahead of production! (I bet GB has a little side bet with the production guys that he can keep orders coming in faster than they can produce.:cool:)

Curious for those who have just reserved in the higher numbers like 15,000+ if they are not able to configure before the end of the year will they still have the same 2012 prices confirmed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, the deal is that, in order to get 2012 pricing one must:

1)reserve before the end of the year, and
2)select their options within a month after beig asked to do so by Tesla

First post on the forum but a long time reader. I just got my "Finalize E-mail" and filled out the online delivery preferences. I have a delivery window for P232 / VIN 1772 between 15-29 Dec.

Car info:

85kw
White solid paint
tan leather and plano black Decor
body color roof
tech package
sound studio
active air suspension
parcel shelf
twin chargers

Looking forward to posting some pics before the new year.

Has anyone that has taken delivery used the trade in service? If so, can you elaborate on how that went?

First post on the forum but a long time reader. I just got my "Finalize E-mail" and filled out the online delivery preferences. I have a delivery window for P232 / VIN 1772 between 15-29 Dec.

Has anyone that has taken delivery used the trade in service? If so, can you elaborate on how that went?

Congrats! We look forward to your pix. ;-)

I'm curious about the trade-in service, too!. I checked that option in the delivery questionnaire, but Kelly Blue Book indicates the trade-in value's about $1200 less for me than fair market. And who knows whether they'll match KBB anyway, right (or whether their impression of my car's condition matches my impression, heh). On the other paw, a lot less effort and stress than trying to sell my car myself....

Car info:

85kw
White solid paint
tan leather and plano black Decor
body color roof
tech package
sound studio
active air suspension
parcel shelf
twin chargers

Jenga, with a VIN already assigned, and res number of P232, you would have had your 'time to finalize' email more than 3+ months ago. We've moved on to res holders with # greater than 10,000 now.

Maybe you're thinking of the delivery emails, or something like that?

Jenga, with a VIN already assigned, and res number of P232, you would have had your 'time to finalize' email more than 3+ months ago. We've moved on to res holders with # greater than 10,000 now.

Maybe you're thinking of the delivery emails, or something like that?

Guess he doesn't get out much. How did he get a vin with only 1 post? I thought you had to have a couple hundred posts before they gave you a vin.

I'm curious about the trade-in service, too!. I checked that option in the delivery questionnaire, but Kelly Blue Book indicates the trade-in value's about $1200 less for me than fair market. And who knows whether they'll match KBB anyway, right (or whether their impression of my car's condition matches my impression, heh). On the other paw, a lot less effort and stress than trying to sell my car myself....

The trade-in is done through AutoNation (unless that's changed recently). Tesla really doesn't have anything to do with it other than maybe they pick up the car. You get minimum value. Some folks have said CarMax gives a bit more. If you can sell it privately, you'll be ahead of the game.

Curious for those who have just reserved in the higher numbers like 15,000+ if they are not able to configure before the end of the year will they still have the same 2012 prices confirmed?
No, the Dec. 31 deadline is for original reservation. The configuration clock starts to count down only when you have actually been invited to finalize. E.g. if res# 19,999 placed his deposit on Dec. 25, but didn't get invited to finalize until Jan 25, he would still have 4 weeks (Feb. 23) to "enjoy" current prices.