Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought all you had to do was reserve by the end of the year to lock in the current cost. Is that not true?

Some who already had reserved got the "Finalize" email (I reserved in July and got the finalize email on 12/3), which said that I must finalize by 12/31 to lock in the current rate. Tesla had previously stated current pricing if you "reserve by the end of the year", which is why some people were contemplating cancelling their original order and re-reserving before 12/31.

Some who already had reserved got the "Finalize" email (I reserved in July and got the finalize email on 12/3), which said that I must finalize by 12/31 to lock in the current rate. Tesla had previously stated current pricing if you "reserve by the end of the year", which is why some people were contemplating cancelling their original order and re-reserving before 12/31.

I'll start out by saying if you have questions about this (very important) detail, you should contact Tesla directly. Here's how I understood it. If you *reserve* by the end of the year, then you will have the opportunity to finalize (whenever they happen to send your finalize email) using 2012 prices. When you get your finalize email (even if it's in 2013), they will tell you how long you have to finalize your order before losing 2012 prices. Yours (MikeC) just seems to have co-incided with the end of the year, but that won't always be the case (for people who place their reservations on 12/31 for instance).

I'm 11,549 and my guesstimate on delivery is June 1. Since Tesla expects to make 400/week, you're probably a couple of weeks behind me. Although that can be thrown off by our particular colors, options, etc.

there is no way in h*ll it will take that long.

i am 10,280, and i finalized last week of November and am now scheduled for delivery Dec 15-31. You are not that far behind me. If I were you, I would expect February.

I'll start out by saying if you have questions about this (very important) detail, you should contact Tesla directly. Here's how I understood it. If you *reserve* by the end of the year, then you will have the opportunity to finalize (whenever they happen to send your finalize email) using 2012 prices. When you get your finalize email (even if it's in 2013), they will tell you how long you have to finalize your order before losing 2012 prices. Yours (MikeC) just seems to have co-incided with the end of the year, but that won't always be the case (for people who place their reservations on 12/31 for instance).

JHS is correct. Now if you miss your window to finalize your configuration then you will have to pay the higher price which will also delay your delivery.

there is no way in h*ll it will take that long.

i am 10,280, and i finalized last week of November and am now scheduled for delivery Dec 15-31. You are not that far behind me. If I were you, I would expect February.

Wow. Really? That would be very cool. I guess this means that a lot of people (as in thousands) are delaying their orders and allowing others to get in line in front of them.

Wow. Really? That would be very cool. I guess this means that a lot of people (as in thousands) are delaying their orders and allowing others to get in line in front of them.

While I am sure there have been cancellations keep in mind your date is based off of 400/week which is where they plan on being at the end of the year. It seems to me that is becoming very likely they will produce more than 400/week. And Elon has mentioned in at least one conference call that they would be above the 400/week range for a short amount of time even if they then dial it back down later.

I don't know about this - I never got the "Deliver in Dec" email and am P 10,048, so I suspect that it has to be more related to specific qualities of the order that allow some to jump in front of others. ...

You've got a deal! Would love a tandem drive! Will be so cool to see 2 Blue/Tan Model S's driving together!

I too have started getting things in order.... Contacted an electrician friend to come over and figure out logistics of my outdoor Nema 14-50 and also started shifting money in line for the purchase so I have it ready to go.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Interesting coincidence: I'm #9096, live in Westchester, have the exact same config as you: 85, blue/tan, 19", pano, matte obeche, tech, sound (minus parcel shelf). I'm hoping for a late Jan or Feb delivery, based on current delivery patterns. Maybe they'll put both our babies on the same truck!

John

John

Did you reserve at The Westchester on Memorial Day during their opening event? If so, you reserved right after me!

I'm hoping they have a "January Delivery" email like they did in December and that perhaps we can get ours a little early.
I plan on taking delivery at the store though, since I live on a busy street and also don't want to draw attention to the
delivery of an expensive car....

Aaron

Yep, exactly. We may even have been in the WP store at the same time. Funny that we chose the same config (I took the air suspension too btw, forgot to mention that). I'm undecided how to take delivery. I like the idea of getting it at home, plugging into the NEMA 15-40 that I just had installed, then going for a drive with the family. On the other hand, I don't much like the idea of the neighbors watching the whole time. Nice problem to have though. I really just want them to hurry up and deliver, especially now that we're starting to see reservation numbers close to ours getting delivery dates in December. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. In the meantime, the forum is my Advent Calendar, with a few goodies every day to help pass the time until the big day arrives.

- - - Updated - - -

Correction: NEMA 14-50

Received my email to finalize on 12/12. Went into a store last night to get another look. Finalized last night. Feb / Mar delivery timeframe. Waiting for MVPA.

#11,182 85, grey, panoramic, 19", black leather, obeche gloss, tech, sound, active air, paint armor.

Feb / Mar timeframe would be great because I still need to get my solar system installed and NEMA 14-50.

Little of this makes sense.

I'm 8485 (or 8584??? :) ) ... signed on the dotted line 2 weeks ago and am being quoted Fed Mar too. So maybe, based on 10,000+ for Feb / Mar, just maybe I'll be early Feb.

Right in the middle of the DEEP FREEZE.

Yeah, it's hard to break the code. I got excited when I saw 11,650. It IS getting interesting. They must really be pumping them out?