Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is it better than the competition? I’m looking at what’s in front of me. It brings nothing to the table that isn’t already out there, except maybe the Osh Kosh interior…..
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say payload capacity.

Closer to the tree:
Powered bed cover
Rear steering
Infotainment system
Native supercharger access in 2024
No paint

What competition are you referring to and what do they have over what we have been able to confirm of the Cybertruck so far?

The interior of any of the available EV Trucks blow the CT away. Choose any of them.

All have Stalks with turn signals, shifters, instrument clusters etc etc etc

And don’t give me the “we don’t need instrument clusters…..”. There’s a reason the S/X have them while the cheaper offerings don’t.

Given there is no useful information about the CT we can’t compare anything else because the competition is clearly ahead in all specs for now.

Famously, companies tout specs at an unveil event and then just don't put them in the production vehicles? Is that your stance?
I have no stance other than opinions != facts ...

But I don't remember any promises from that unveil event, other than this is the concept vehicle we're going to use to develop a production vehicle ... or did I use too much common sense when I watched that? Possible.

If you're a reservation holder and don't like what you see get your $100 back.

Like I mentioned previously, the production vehicle is falling in line with what I and many others expected.

I have no stance other than opinions != facts ...

But I don't remember any promises from that unveil event, other than this is the concept vehicle we're going to use to develop a production vehicle ... or did I use too much common sense when I watched that? Possible.

If you're a reservation holder and don't like what you see get your $100 back.

Like I mentioned previously, the production vehicle is falling in line with what I and many others expected.

Why would we get our $100 back when we can profit? 🤣

I think most of us are waiting on specs which is the most important but some how Musk doesn’t seem to think so

Reactions: TessP100D
Ahh. Got it. Where's your proof "that it's turning out to be a dud"? So far, it's lining up exactly where I expected it too. You're attempting to call the game before it's played so it's just your opinion based on emotion and no facts at all, right?
I'd agree not a dud at this point, but the frunk size, smaller interior, lack of 6th seat, lack of ramp, lack of sail storage, and interior shots have all upset groups of people.

These are confirmed on RCs.

The rumor of no 500 mile option at launch is the biggest one, but we will have to wait for launch. There are also rumors of no BR glass, higher cost, and no trailer brake, but these are just rumors. We have like 6 weeks, let's wait before it's labeled a dud...Even if all this is true, it will sell. If at a loss for at least 18 months like Elon says, it could be a dud for the stock. That and the battery supply are likely why they won't hit 125k next year.

In 18 months after launch we can get a full picture, like almost every other new vehicle.

I still want one.

Both….. I’ll tell you…

It keeps the cult happy thinking they will have a Superior truck over the others when it’s turning out to be a dud

We have almost no specs, no pricing, not even in customer hands yet, over million pre-orders, and you have determined it is already a dud. While it may end being a dud, how do you know that already? Just like you knew it would weigh as much as the Hummer EV and be the size of a tacoma. 🤦‍♂️

Also, for someone that clearly doesn't like the CT and has no intention of ever buying, it is very strange/sad that you spend all your time in this thread on top of starting the thread. There are a lot of vehicles i have zero interest in and the thought of spending all my time in one of those vehicle forums has never crossed my mind.

You are either a major Troll or closet fanboy.

The interior of any of the available EV Trucks blow the CT away. Choose any of them.

All have Stalks with turn signals, shifters, instrument clusters etc etc etc

And don’t give me the “we don’t need instrument clusters…..”. There’s a reason the S/X have them while the cheaper offerings don’t.

Given there is no useful information about the CT we can’t compare anything else because the competition is clearly ahead in all specs for now.

Then buy any of the other available EV trucks...why waste all your time here? makes zero sense.

You’re just saying words hoping they are true, where does he say it’s bulletproof?
Elon has said it multiple times. Is this really a hill to die on? There's the JRE clip and at reveal.

"It is literally bulletproof to a 9 mm handgun, that's how strong the skin is." -Elon at reveal.

It was never bulletproof, though. It's not a bug deal, but has been said

Elon has said it multiple times. Is this really a hill to die on? There's the JRE clip and at reveal.

"It is literally bulletproof to a 9 mm handgun, that's how strong the skin is." -Elon at reveal.

Right, the skin, not the windows, not the tires, not the drive units...

He did not, he commented the concept’s skin would hold up to a 9mm. That’s not the same. Where does Tesla officially say the Cybertruck is bulletproof. They don’t, nor would they ever.

Reactions: cusetownusa
He did not, he commented the concept’s skin would hold up to a 9mm. That’s not the same. Where does Tesla officially say the Cybertruck is bulletproof. They don’t, nor would they ever.
Is that another goalposts move? Elon said it was "literally bulletproof" on 2 occasions, not Tesla. You were asking where Elon said it was. You didn't ask about tires or windows, just when he said it was bulletproof. He has...that's been proven.

It's not...not even to 9mm fwiw. It is bullet resistant, not bulletproof.

Is that another goalposts move? Elon said it was "literally bulletproof" on 2 occasions, not Tesla. You were asking where Elon said it was. You didn't ask about tires or windows, just when he said it was bulletproof. He has...that's been proven.

It's not...not even to 9mm fwiw. It is bullet resistant, not bulletproof.
Where does he say the production Cybertruck is bulletproof?

Where does he say the production Cybertruck is bulletproof?
He said the Cybertruck is literally bulletproof, I quoted it. He said it a year later on JRE, again.

So now you are just questioning specifically production? 3mm cold rolled stainless is not bulletproof, it wasn't then and it's not now.

So are you admitting he has called the CT bulletproof, but now you are saying the production CT has not been promised, because almost 100% he'll say it many more times in the future. He doesn't care about nuances like that.

• Disagree
Reactions: lowtek