Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That rear seat space is atrocious for a “full size” truck. Looks like a Model Y back there.

Also, it looks like it has an open and close button for the rear window, that’s a plus. Good job Tesla.

That rear seat space is atrocious for a “full size” truck. Looks like a Model Y back there.
lol working hard to spin negative things about the CT today. I hope some oil company is paying you for creating so much CT hate.

If I hated a product as much as you hate the CT I’d find better things to do with my time than complain about it constantly.

Not my experience at all in our 2022 M3LR. Driving near or just over the speed limit, I find the estimation of charge remaining at next Supercharger/destination to be accurate to within just a few percent. And that accuracy has incrementally improved over time and system updates.
Plenty of situations where it is off. Sometimes it is pretty good! 2018 3P going 85mph is tough for example. Can be large sudden changes after unplugging.

Anyway my point was just that these estimates could be completely wrong for Cybertruck even if Model 3 and Model S are perfect. And all calcs above hinge on that.

Most folks will steer around the pointy things that kill driveshafts, shock mounts, fuel tanks etc. When you blast over them then you don't care about the results.
Sure but incidental scrapes are no issue with all vehicles. Needs to be the same here. Get a minor 1/2 inch dent in the bottom and the service center can’t be panicking about battery replacement! Needs to not be the pack!!!
That rear seat space is atrocious for a “full size” truck.
It’s pretty interesting it is 7” lower than the others. Aero!

Headroom does look like a potential concern in the rear. We’ll see.

Last edited:
lol working hard to spin negative things about the CT today. I hope some oil company is paying you for creating so much CT hate.

If I hated a product as much as you hate the CT I’d find better things to do with my time than complain about it constantly.

Geez, after hearing so much about how this taking over the full size truck segment and finding out they have umpa loompa rear seats, then giving them a thumbs up for what I thought the rear window up/down …. I’m spinning “negative”….

“Oil company”? I have a Model 3 and Lightning, carry on.

I’m sorry if I am disappointed the specs don’t meet the propaganda…. as expected. “Hate” should be welcomed, maybe it will inspire Tesla to put out something better.

I’m still waiting on price and range, don’t worry November 30th is right around the corner.

i just think it's funny how the goal post keeps moving... we are ~1 yr away from Elon claiming that "making trucks is harder than we thought"

usable bed size, frunk, off-roading ... i have yet to see anything in that regard where the CT blows the Lightning / Rivian out of the water.
range and price are still a secret...
Where did the goal post start? The concept vehicle? I think the goal post starts Nov 30th. Up until Tesla says the word, it's all just speculation based off a 3 year old concept promo.

No, he specifically said building trucks is hard after Farley had said ramping EV production wasn’t easy

Edit: I went back to listen to it but, he said building Cars was hard, my mistake.
the hard part aside - and sorry for incorrectly quoting - going by the cybertruck forum on a different site.... it's now to "Tesla only promised 300+ miles for the AWD at the first event... so anything above 300 miles is beating that..." .... as I said ... moving goal posts. I didnt do the math but based on the leaked video and charging/ consumption/ range left as extensively commented on in 5+ pages .... it all points to 100kwh to 120kwh battery packs and ~300 miles of range... and the mountainbike dangling half over the tailgate with little room to spare between the rear tire and the cab... doesn't scream "a lot more usable bed space than the F150/Silverado/RAM" either. in terms of off-roading that clip climbing the "stairs"... just fine-tuning i guess

I'll obviously wait until the official launch event and the final specs - and most importantly price ... but i guess the 500+ range is out the window and I highly doubt that the AWD version is going to be sold at about the same price as a mundane Model Y AWD....

Reactions: T3SLAROD
Ford can make a truck. Version 3 is going to be awesome.
Based on the rapidly diminishing specs on the CT, Lightning V1 is stacking up pretty well against the rumored consensus of CT. Literally the only things that are (assumed) better in the CT is 4 wheel steering and acceleration of the tri-motor. CT Real world range will be lower, frunk is much smaller, AC inverter is questionable, Lightning interior will be way better, CT bed is less usable with the ledge and huge sails, and on and on. Electric CT bed cover is awesome.

If Ford just makes iterative drivetrain improvements with V2 and it will blow the V1 CT out of the water.

All of that to say, it is WONDERFUL that we are able to have these arguments about whether Tesla and anyone else makes the best EV. It's been Tesla's show for so long and this kind of competition will push everyone to make better products for us to buy.

Last edited: