Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect it will be pretty quiet after the launch event - as I suspect little new information will be shared. If true, don't expect any "real customer" deliveries anytime soon (like within the next 12 months).
You think it will be 12 months before delivery? Any reason or just "I hate Tesla"?

goal post moving again.... so if the Cybertruck matches the specs/price of a 2yr old F150 Lightning ... then it's still a cool thing because it has a "new look and truck design" ? sure. Initially this was hyped as "game over for Ford/GM/RAM" and "there's nothing out who can do this stuff as an electric truck"
People forget that.

Reactions: Cheburashka
Waiting on comparisons from Motortrend, Motorweek, Car and Driver. This should be good.
Yep, their unbiased reviews will be right up there with Business Insider's and Gordon Johnson's. I had to add this link because I found it amusing:

Yep, their unbiased reviews will be right up there with Business Insider's and Gordon Johnson's. I had to add this link because I found it amusing:

You mean right up there with Teslas Social Media arm and Munroe…..

This is going to be good because the CT will most like end up in 2nd place and FanBoys are going to lose it.

It’s hilarious that fan boys think they are paid shills but people like the tech geek on you tube is a real car reviewer 🤣🤣🤣

And I know this thread is pretty done with rumors at this point, but word is that deliveries are occuring at showrooms outside of the main event today:

Latest rumors....
-10 CTs delivered at Austin event
-15 CTs in showrooms (last I read a few days ago, could be more)

So they'd have a dozen or so sit in showrooms for a week or two and then just...deliver them? Seems odd.

But you said 12 months, which is why everyone figured you were trolling.
Nah, not trolling. Based on the quality of the RC and black Cats out there, plus all of the recent CTs being towed (new one this morning), it seems like they need more time. Can’t afford a large recall or a mass of early customer complaints, especially if public.

Reactions: aerodyne
Latest rumors....
-10 CTs delivered at Austin event
-15 CTs in showrooms (last I read a few days ago, could be more)

So they'd have a dozen or so sit in showrooms for a week or two and then just...deliver them? Seems odd.
According to Charlotte SC, they are not selling that and they believe it will be available for test drives as soon as next week.

We'll see. Could be bullshit either way.

Nah, not trolling. Based on the quality of the RC and black Cats out there, plus all of the recent CTs being towed (new one this morning), it seems like they need more time. Can’t afford a large recall or a mass of early customer complaints, especially if public.
If you think it will be 12 months before additional deliveries, you're trolling. Especially considering you own a vibrating Plaid. Tesla will always ship first and either ignore/deflect/fix later.