Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone explain the torque figure of 10,000lbft? That doesn't make any sense does it? How can it have 10x more torque than all HD trucks and Rivian/Hummer EV etc... are they calculating differently?
They're calculating it after the gear multiplication.

by that metric, a Ford Raptor would make about 11k lb-ft in first gear for example (640 lb-ft * 4.70 1st gear * 3.73 final drive)

Can anyone explain the torque figure of 10,000lbft? That doesn't make any sense does it? How can it have 10x more torque than all HD trucks and Rivian/Hummer EV etc... are they calculating differently?
That's marketing BS. You would need 1 foot diameter half shafts! Recall, the Charlatan used to say the torque was "infinite"....

got it...so without knowing the gearing specs, there's no way to actually compare. Any idea what a rivian quad motor would be using multiplication?
More. The R1T is ~900HP, more than any variant of the Cybertruck. Physics is physics, so even the Great Charlatan has to obey the laws of physics. Of course, a charlatan will "spin" a web of BS to further his/her objective (in this case, to take your money).

Quad motor, no idea since there seems to be no real published specs.

Dual motor - looks like it makes 830 lb-ft torque and has a 12.6:1 gear reduction. So about 10.5k lb-ft
Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 1.36.44 PM.png

Oh, let me run buy the Cybertruck as it has over 10x the torque of my Rivian (with four motors)... 🤣 😖 🛑

• Funny
Reactions: momo3605
What a weird delivery event, it's almost as if they want people not to buy this truck. Looks like they are offering a range extender, ability to power your home, locking diff on the beast, lighter. Etc. Etc. Etc.

There was no talk about efficiency, range. It was just weird. Tesla still thinks it's a start up, Elon probably needs to step down from these events. I noticed the Semi Delivery dude that was given all kinds of tech specs wasn't there this time, wonder why.

lol. good laugh. from earlier this year. The Cybertruck is even more $$$ ;)

The current incentives on the Lightning are really good. I can see Ford picking up some sales from those who were sitting on the fence waiting for this release.