Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they have a properly automated production line, then varying battery sizes and 2-3 additional drivetrain variation should be a non-issue.
If the production line is NOT automated (which seams to be the case), then Tesla will pick a single easiest-to-build configuration and push it out the door to meet launch deadlines.

It is weird that they hadn't settled on that single configuration (if hearsay reports are true, but who knows if they are), but the again, everything about CT has been late by an order of years.
Or it could be as simple as they got new manager in charge of the roll-out who has no clue what he/she is doing, so they sent out a form to figure things out.

View attachment 967040
Agreed.

Latest M3P battery chatter/rumors
M3Ps might have 20% range increase over LFP
M3RWD 272->330 miles wow
M3Ps could cause conflict with 2170 NCAs and range in the other Teslas
To avoid conflict, think Tesla will use less M3Ps than the number of LFPs to keep the M3RWD at 300 miles even though it could have filled rhe space to achieve 330 miles
If the rumor is true ;)

Latest M3P battery chatter/rumors
M3Ps might have 20% range increase over LFP
M3RWD 272->330 miles wow
M3Ps could cause conflict with 2170 NCAs and range in the other Teslas
To avoid conflict, think Tesla will use less M3Ps than the number of LFPs to keep the M3RWD at 300 miles even though it could have filled rhe space to achieve 330 miles
If the rumor is true ;)
Any view on M3P degradation characteristics? My X’s held up superbly, our recent Y’s much worse

Is it possible that different versions of the Truck will all have the same size battery pack that is nerfed and all you would have to do is pay an upcharge if you wanted longer range?
From Tesla's perspective why would they support that? The battery system is the highest cost part of the vehicle so this would only make sense if Tesla saved more in cost than they spent.

Truck buyers care about payload, towing, off-road capability, durability, and a comfortable up to date cabin. I could really care less about "high performance" in a truck. Either it will come to market meeting those capabilities, or it will just be a "lifestyle" vehicle limited to the fanboys. I do agree that Tesla has the burden to prove.
I could care less about towing in an EV pickup, or going off-road in a CT. I just want a truck that I can throw my Milwaukee Packout in and drive to work. For me the CT is a win. My Model Y has served my job needs fine, but getting all the tools in the hatch is tight. The CT will solve that, and I never intend to tow a boat or go off-road. I do however, want to keep the fast performance that I’ve come to know and love with Tesla. It’s not a “lifestyle” vehicle as you put it.. it’s a better functioning, more capable version of the Tesla that I have now. All the “truck” stuff is irrelevant to me.

Reactions: FastEddieB
I could care less about towing in an EV pickup, or going off-road in a CT. I just want a truck that I can throw my Milwaukee Packout in and drive to work. For me the CT is a win. My Model Y has served my job needs fine, but getting all the tools in the hatch is tight. The CT will solve that, and I never intend to tow a boat or go off-road. I do however, want to keep the fast performance that I’ve come to know and love with Tesla. It’s not a “lifestyle” vehicle as you put it.. it’s a better functioning, more capable version of the Tesla that I have now. All the “truck” stuff is irrelevant to me.
Ill be converting from a MY also, but different for it will be a lifestyle vehicle for my family and I. For years we have been throwing two kayaks in the back of our Landcruisers and dune racing. MY held us over, but soon we will be back to the beach.

Different strokes for different folks

Well said, I think people forget or don't even realize that your perspective (which I share) is the majority of pickup buyers.