Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Less Nag ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have regular Autopilot with software release 23.12.5 on my 2022 M3, I have owned 3 Teslas. I feel like there is significantly less autosteer nag. I can now infer that its based more on traffic, road condition, speed, than on time duration. In good conditions I can go a long way without nag. I got none on the 15 mile highway segment of the drive home despite regular traffic. I don't know when exactly this happened. Does anyone else feel the same ?

I thought it’s always been based on traffic conditions/environment since our first Model 3 in 2018. I’ve never been able to time how long between nags because it keeps changing. I don’t know about a 15 mile stretch, but have definitely gone many mins (maybe beteeen 5 - 10?) without a nag in ideal, low risk environments (e.g. - long stretches of nothing and no other cars around).

Definitely less on newest version, though I do agree that traffic conditions appear to play a factor. I almost thought it wasn't working when I was driving at speed on a 6 lane divided highway in light traffic it was so infrequent. But on the drive back there was more chaos on the road in the form of congestion and lots of lane changing. The nag frequency also appeared to increase along with that. Not sure what their algorithm is doing but I imagine it scales off what it sees around you.

Reactions: pipestem