Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Average Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay maybe a little less. But I don't really use the trip odometer and so now you got me thinking that I should look at this more.

I really should've looked at this screen when I drove from Phoenix to Seattle & back. That would've been some good data.

Attachments

• PXL_20220818_011439737.jpg
    PXL_20220818_011439737.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 208
240 Wh/mi lifetime. Feb 2022 MSLR with 5,000 miles. I don't hit the accelerator hard often. Insane about 1/2 of those miles on the highway. The other 1/2 of those mile are chill city driving. Only use A/C with wife in the car about 1/3 of those miles. For my driving style it's the A/C that cost the most energy. Living in SoCal along the coast temps are from 55F to 90F.

2022 Model S Plaid on 19's.

I'm at 317 wh/mi right now over the life of the car (8k miles)

40% longer trips at higher speeds in hot weather (with full A/C use).

60% around town with heavy A/C use most of the time.

Typical road trips are in the 280 wh/mi ranges so I'm not sure why my overall average is so high. (LOL)

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I have a 2017 S75 that just turned over 80,000miles. Trip B is just a couple miles behind the odo, and shows an average consumption of 320 Wh/mi.
In the first year of ownership, I rented the car out on Turo a lot to help pay for itself. Renters tended to floor it a lot. I'm not exactly a casual driver, either. So, all in I guess I'm doing OK.
Just drove round trip from San Jose to Irvine, CA this past weekend, and averaged around 331Wh/mi for the whole round trip. I guess the reason why it was higher than lifetime average is because is because I was generally cruising I-5 at around 80mph, whereas the lifetime average is mostly driving around town at lower speeds.
Update: 7 months later and 14,000 more miles, still at about 320 Wh/mi.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
2015 85D with 97k miles on it. Showing 258 rated miles out of the original 270.

I lost my life time after the EMMC upgrade but for the last 21k miles I have averaged 315w/mi and that is on 21" turbines with Vredestein QuatracPros (Non-EV tires).

My 130mi trips from MD to NJ typically average only 255-270 depending on temps at 65mph. (Winter rates hover around low 300s for the same trip). I'm a bit of a lead foot which is probably why my average is higher since I do like 80% highway.

Reactions: FSDtester#1 and EdA
2015 85D with 97k miles on it. Showing 258 rated miles out of the original 270.

I lost my life time after the EMMC upgrade but for the last 21k miles I have averaged 315w/mi and that is on 21" turbines with Vredestein QuatracPros (Non-EV tires).

My 130mi trips from MD to NJ typically average only 255-270 depending on temps at 65mph. (Winter rates hover around low 300s for the same trip). I'm a bit of a lead foot which is probably why my average is higher since I do like 80% highway.
Just sold my 85D with 63k miles. If memory serves, lifetime energy since new per SMT was 315 wh/mi. Consumption while driving last 42K miles was 286.

Just sold my 85D with 63k miles. If memory serves, lifetime energy since new per SMT was 315 wh/mi. Consumption while driving last 42K miles was 286.
huh, 315 seems to be the magic number then. I've been on a mission to get it lower just so I don't have to do as much supercharging when I'm away. Started bringing my mobile charger with me and plugging it into a 120v outlet just to reduce my supercharging rate to preserve the battery a bit. Probably will be picking up the HV warranty from 057. I'm looking to keep it as my DD and pick up the next Gen Roadster used. Wife said I could have either a new Plaid or new Roadster, not both. lol

I'm confident I can get my average sub-300 with my new wheels and tires coming in. TNA 19" Razors and the new Pirelli P0 Allseason Elects.