Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime removed, now six mos supercharge - Tesla lied

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
saw this elsewhere and thought it a web error, but Tesla has lied to me.

Purchased on 9/7, confirmed 9/10.
Around 9/20, OA calls me and asks me to take another vehicle for delivery 9/30. Asked him if all the same, exact specs etc, confirmed that lifetime supercharging from referral still applies, all yes.
Delivered, lifetime supercharging on delivery list win all options.
Post delivery, shows on website as lifetime supercharging in Manage section.

Sometime in last few weeks, this changed for me and others to six months free supercharging. I email customer service and And my OA and ask what’s up. OA does not reply. CS replies 10 days later saying that because vin changed I don’t get lifetime. I explained that no, it was part of purchase, OA said so, on delivery, etc, their reply? Too bad. OA silent, won’t reply.

Short of going to attorney general, hiring an attorney, the newspapers? Who do I call? There is nobody at Tesla that responds to problems.

In addition, I’m now 75 days in, and have no registration. Beyond frustrated with this company.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person
good luck with legal approach - the actual value of supercharging is quite low (<$1000) for most folks.
you'd probably make more progress with a pleasant, persistent demeanor as you seem to have a good argument.

Thanks. I have been nice, but when you can only email and can’t talk to anyone it is really hard to find someone to be nice to. It’s like there is nobody who is responsible for the sales team.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Good luck, hope they keep their word. But don't count on it...
See here: Breaking customer promises

This case is different. He timely paid for the free Supercharging. Once paid, free supercharging is locked-in.

Once paid, it is no longer a promise but it's now enforceable contract.

There's no wiggling room around it!

Supercharging is very cheap! File a small claims court and it is not worth the money for Tesla to show up for the small claims court. You are almost guaranteed to win the case!

Supercharging is very cheap! File a small claims court and it is not worth the money for Tesla to show up for the small claims court. You are almost guaranteed to win the case!
I've done this twice against used car dealers for broken promises and they never showed up and I got default judgements. They paid.

But not sure that will work with Tesla.

Reactions: neroden
I emailed everyone I could think of. My OA replied ccing CS and confirmed unlimited. No change on site, no response from referral cs, but maybe that will happen in the future.
Don’t worry. As other stated, those are part of the Tesla website glitches that could happen. You ordered with unlimited supercharger and Tesla will always honour that ;)