Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime supercharging changed to pay per use- update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like a lot of others, my lifetime supercharging has changed in my account to read pay per use. I've emailed Tesla many times with limited response. The good news is I just tested a supercharger and I think it's still free for me (immediately shows $7.40 charge fee, which is the last fee I paid before they fixed my account). I went through a lot of pain to get FUSC- when I bought the car it was the last week they were offering it on the P3 and it was the nudge I needed to get the car. It took more than a dozen calls and emails initially for Tesla to honor that agreement with me (apparently the delivery person didn't put in the code though he promised me he had). Then another 4 months before it showed up in my account as FUSC, though I was not being charged. Now it's back to showing pay per use (but as I said I THINK it's still free for me). Come on Tesla- this is amateur hour customer service and basic IT functions.

I agree that it is amateurish that they do this. This is not not the level of the professional auto company.

But I think they are experiencing glitches in website update that may have caused us to go to Pay-per-use.

I will test it out tonight at supercharger if they charge us.

Reactions: MikeATL
Well, since I don't have free super charging for life, I feel free supercharging should be a finite resource so free loaders aren't taking up space at the super charging station.

Just look at quick service restaurants that get huge lines when they do free food giveaways, people wait like 30-60 minutes just to save $8-10.

It should be priced that it's still cheap, but not so cheap that people will go outta there way to be freeloaders. At least price it the same as to charge at home, so there is no benefit to take up a super charging station if you know you can make it home. I'd rather pay a little if it meant more super charging were open.

Well, since I don't have free super charging for life, I feel free supercharging should be a finite resource so free loaders aren't taking up space at the super charging station. .

All well and good except that the so called freeloaders effectively paid in advance for supercharger access. They have a contract with Tesla and therefore rights.

I don't frequent the Model 3 part of the forum since it's my wife's car, but when did they offer FUSC to Model 3's? I've been wondering why I see so many 3's at Superchargers. Tesla charges $0.31/kw, which is excessive compared to the PG@E EV-A rate which is $0.13/kw.

Same here, seems to still be ok. Why is it so hard for them to track this and display it properly in our accounts?

They’re lonely and they like the irate phone calls.

Mine still says Pay-Per-Use, but I am fairly sure what they actually mean is Free Unlimited Supercharging. Certainly no reason for a phone call; basically these things mean the same thing to Tesla, in my experience.

Just looked at mine - “Unlimted Supercharging” is now showing correct for me.

Keep in mind it’s not necessarily a website design issue - they have codes attached to VINs that’s determine what features are listed. The website might be displaying the wrong description OR you could be missing the code on your VIN.

E1F443A4-37D6-4D3F-B350-15F974606ECC.jpeg