Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So colourless is the most popular? Damn. I currently have a grey car. So, for Oz, to date the only colours are red, sig red, and brown. The rest are all shades of white or black. Colours like round is a shape when you say " I am in shape"!!!
Tesla really is going to need to introduce some real colours, such as a navy blue, a deep green, a burnt orange, etc.

So colourless is the most popular? Damn. I currently have a grey car. So, for Oz, to date the only colours are red, sig red, and brown. The rest are all shades of white or black. Colours like round is a shape when you say " I am in shape"!!!
Tesla really is going to need to introduce some real colours, such as a navy blue, a deep green, a burnt orange, etc.

As long as you shine a bright light (or have a sunny day) we already have navy blue?

Just to be different I've selected blue! Seems to be the least popular colour but when I saw the cars lined up in UK it was my favorite. We're all individuals. I'm in Melbourne and my car went into production 9 Nov. Should be a nice Xmas present.

My Status Changed again last night to 'Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery'. Now the only hold up will be getting the service centre finished and having the launch! I'm still being told mid-december.

@Mark E Unless you have upgraded to a Signature you will have to wait until they have given sufficient time for all Sigs to collect their cars.

No Change in my status but I thought I would ask Tim if he was allowed to tell me what ship my car was on.
As expected he couldn't tell me but he did say that my car, and from my interpretation a bunch of other cars produced last week, had sailed. :)

@Mark E Unless you have upgraded to a Signature you will have to wait until they have given sufficient time for all Sigs to collect their cars.

No Change in my status but I thought I would ask Tim if he was allowed to tell me what ship my car was on.
As expected he couldn't tell me but he did say that my car, and from my interpretation a bunch of other cars produced last week, had sailed. :)

I hope that's not serious. Surely the last thing we'd all want is for them to needlessly hold vehicles back that they could deliver which would cause them to rush with less prep time for each car thereby reducing quality, or missing their qtr objectives.

My car must be on your ship! :)

I hope that's not serious. Surely the last thing we'd all want is for them to needlessly hold vehicles back that they could deliver which would cause them to rush with less prep time for each car thereby reducing quality, or missing their qtr objectives.

My car must be on your ship! :)

Not by me, but there has been discussion over the "value" of the Signature deposit. I put down $6000 2.5 Years ago, some Signature holders put down $40,000 a lot earlier than that. So to a degree that support of Tesla has to be reflected in the actual sequence of deliveries.

In other markets they brought a bunch of people over from California to assist the local staff with the Launch event and early deliveries, I think its likely to happen for us as well, so I don't think the wait will be long. Should be pretty easy to convince some Tesla staff to leave winter in California for Summer in Sydney even if they have to commit to a period of hard work whilst here. If not I'll take some time off to wash some cars! ;-)

Given that it appears almost EVERYONE is being told December delivery, and the local workforce still appears to be small, it looks to me like they will be flying people in to get the cars out the door.

That suggests to me that they will all be delivered in a very compressed time frame.

Perhaps the launch event will roll out the sigs within a few days, and then the crew will immediately deliver the Sydney Cars over the following week from Artamon. Then the gang rolls out interstate where they will have to do individual deliveries which will take twice as long per car (as they have to travel to each person)

Sigs may be first, but I would be surprised if they are first by much. Everything is just getting too compressed. The logistics of delivering cars post 19 December gets too hard - perhaps a few deliveries from the local staff, but that's it.

Signature holders paid an additional $34,000 deposit (some of them for several years) so they would receive their cars before general production (plus choice of signature red & white interior)
It's not a case of "needlessly hold back vehicles" - they made a commitment, they will need to do their best to honour that, even if the difference ends up being only a few days (which I believe was also the case with the original signature series in the US, with general production delivery starting immediately after the last sigs were delivered)

Please add my S85 to the spreadsheet - apparently on the water and due in Sydney December.
85 kWh Model S 103,400
EXTERIOR
Pearl White Paint 1,800
Panoramic Roof 3,100
19" Wheels Included
INTERIOR
Black Performance Leather Seats 3,100
Lacewood Décor 800
CHARGING
Supercharger Enabled Included
OPTIONS
White Alcantara Headliner 1,800
Tech Package with Autopilot 5,200
Smart Air Suspension 2,800
Fog Lamps Included
Extended Nappa Leather Trim 3,100
Parcel Shelf Included
Your Model S 125,100
Luxury Car Tax 14,918
Local Registration Costs 672
Local Stamp Duty 9,101
TOTAL PRICE 149,791
Based on delivery to Western Australia

Any other Perth owners expecting theirs in December?
Anybody got their wall charger yet?