Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Living in constant fear of v9....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
Still have v8. Don't want v9 as I feel it's a huge step backwards. But it leaves me in constant fear that at some point v8 will stop working due to some incompatible API change that renders some or all features broken.

Every time slacker doesn't work and fails to load, I wonder if this is it? Last nights Tesla/ATT data center outage left my MCU rebooting multiple times because if you reboot and don't have a cell signal, the MCU keeps rebooting until it can get one. I finally got a cell signal but nothing worked. Voice commands, tune-in, slacker...all dead. I thought for sure this was it and I was going to have to update to v9.

I sense your refusal to upgrade to V9 has become a self-fulfilling prophecy and the longer you wait to upgrade the harder you dig in.

As soon as they fix traffic and allow me to keep my rear view camera at the top of the screen, I'll update to v9.....unless I'm forced to because they eventually disabled v8 from working with the service.

I know you said there was a service shortage but the problem happened after you got service back. Maybe I misread your post?

No, it all started working again after service was restored. During the service outage, the cell signal came and went intermittently and still had no data when I had a cell signal...until the outage ended.

The problem is I didn't realize it was effecting everyone in a number of areas so I thought it was the API change I feared would come someday.

I'm very happy with v8. v9 adds nothing new for me but does take away functionality.

No, it all started working again after service was restored. During the service outage, the cell signal came and went intermittently and still had no data when I had a cell signal...until the outage ended.

The problem is I didn't realize it was effecting everyone in a number of areas so I thought it was the API change I feared would come someday.

I'm very happy with v8. v9 adds nothing new for me but does take away functionality.

Ok. I am a Model 3 owner so I coming from a different point of view regarding V9.

Thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: sorka
As soon as they fix traffic and allow me to keep my rear view camera at the top of the screen, I'll update to v9.....unless I'm forced to because they eventually disabled v8 from working with the service.

I don't like v9, but you CAN have the camera at the top of the screen. The first release of v9 didn't allow it, but it does now.

Still have v8. Don't want v9 as I feel it's a huge step backwards. But it leaves me in constant fear that at some point v8 will stop working due to some incompatible API change that renders some or all features broken.

Every time slacker doesn't work and fails to load, I wonder if this is it? Last nights Tesla/ATT data center outage left my MCU rebooting multiple times because if you reboot and don't have a cell signal, the MCU keeps rebooting until it can get one. I finally got a cell signal but nothing worked. Voice commands, tune-in, slacker...all dead. I thought for sure this was it and I was going to have to update to v9.
You and me, both. I feel ya.

No you cannot keep camera on top and navigation on bottom. Media player tags along with camera for no reason. Navigation stays on in the background no matter what you do. Some genius at Tesla thought in case you forget how to get to your local grocery which is just around the corner so let's keep nav on all the time.
Avoid V9 like a plague. Wish I had waited before pressing that update button

Relax. You can stop worrying about V9 when V10 comes out! :p

No you cannot keep camera on top and navigation on bottom. Media player tags along with camera for no reason. Navigation stays on in the background no matter what you do. Some genius at Tesla thought in case you forget how to get to your local grocery which is just around the corner so let's keep nav on all the time.
Avoid V9 like a plague. Wish I had waited before pressing that update button

I just wish they would fix the %^&%*)&^*#$% media player :(