Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loan car disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since Tesla sold all their inventory cars, our Perth "service centre" kindly reached out to ask what kind of ICE loaner I might like (as I'm 198cm tall). I replied that I appreciated the consideration, however, even a Rolls Royce would be a let down compared to our MX. I currently have a Mitsubishi Outlander (non-PHEV) loaner which I'm ashamed to park at home. I hide our old Corolla behind the garage door ;)

While most people who end up owning a Tesla are highly unlikely to go back to ICE, I suspect they will have little qualms to return to their trusted German brands in a few years with their next car purchase if they have an EV in their range (which realistically they will). So it’s not about comparing Tesla to ICE currently...it’s about their next ELECTRIC car purchase and how much brand loyalty they’ll have if they get treated like crap during their Tesla ownership.

So I think people have some pretty high expectations in this thread...but that aside, this is a very good point.

I almost cancelled my M3P when I saw the Taycan is not far away...but I really need a new daily driver _now_ so I’m going ahead. I love what Tesla stand for and have done, but if I don’t have a great experience with the car, I know where I’ll be heading back to...

Well in fairness, bmw treated me like absolute bottom of the barrel crap. Audi treated me like normal crap. Tesla come to my home and fix my car, or if I go to them I get treated with respect and the fault is never blamed as ‘my problem’. Tesla dont charge me $2500 for the first service.
So tesla for me is a better car and a better service with hopeless communications. I wont be lining up for another bmw ever, and audi would need to be very convincing. Merc are so far down the list they arent even worth a mention.
One of my colleagues is currently being absolutely put through the wringer by his local BMW dealer here in Sydney. Just one example: kept his M3 for 4 days for a service then called him to pick up and being back later because they didn’t have time to do it for a few more weeks. When he picked it up it still had a nail in rear tyre he’d pointed out when dropping off.
When he mentioned they asked him “oh did you want us to remove that?”
That’s just 10% of the story...
On the flip side, I’ve consistently had amazing service from Tesla, and aside from that one Kruger experience (which only cemented my life for EV) I’ve always has Tesla loaners.

While most people who end up owning a Tesla are highly unlikely to go back to ICE, I suspect they will have little qualms to return to their trusted German brands in a few years with their next car purchase if they have an EV in their range (which realistically they will). So it’s not about comparing Tesla to ICE currently...it’s about their next ELECTRIC car purchase and how much brand loyalty they’ll have if they get treated like crap during their Tesla ownership.

Exactly, however I must say Ian/Tanya from are doing a great job today.....I picked up my wife's today and all completed nicely.....I do think Ian is starting to get in to the swing of things, knowing the cars much more now....I really hope Tesla keep them and we don't all of a sudden loose a service tech that knows the cars well....

Reactions: doctorwho