Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locking in a price in anticipation of the Federal Tax Credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am also going to remind people that I mentioned that this was the likely outcome, back on post #38 of this thread:

This post I will link below shows that the order agreement from tesla says exactly what your SA said (so no, there likely isnt much you can do).

View attachment 730505

I said in the "another price increase" thread, that it was my opinion that tesla was going to do exactly this, and that people who think they are going to push their orders out until next year to try to double dip both the pre price raise pricing and the tax credit were likely in for a rude awakening, based on how tesla normally tries to get people to pick up cars by the end of a quarter / year.

In fact, because of this looming tax credit, and the fact so many have older orders, its my opinion that most people who are locked in with pre price raise orders will "magically" have cars available for delivery this year, and will be met with the same message from tesla, with no escalation point for exceptions.

No inside knowledge on this, just what I think tesla will do.

I'm taking my order off hold today. I figure if I do get assigned a delivery date (very unlikely) I can push it further down 30 days anyways.
I was thinking the same but still on the edge about how things will turn out in the Senate. Also, right now it seems for my situation to make more sense if I take delivery in February or March.

Once you took your hold off, what is the current EDD showing now?

Some update on this site regarding the latest status of the Bill:

I posted in another thread but I've been on hold a couple months now and my account page shows I can keep the hold til June 1, 2022. However, I got an email today saying I have to press the "I'm ready" button by 12/9 or my order gets canceled and I lose my deposit.
It’s not a typo, you wrote June correct, not January? From what I read is that Tesla is contacting customers who have long hold times like 6 months to take delivery. You might want to call them and ask if you can get at least the delivery in January because of the potential EV credit

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC