Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locking in a price in anticipation of the Federal Tax Credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had our model 3 performance for a while, and recently took delivery of a y performance. Wow, it has firmer ride quality out of the box. Tempting to sell and order a long range in 2022. Tesla has been aggressive in price increases, I wonder if they will have more?
Just FYI, I found MYLR ride busier / more harsh than M3P when I test drove 2021 models. I never drove the MYP, can't compare directly, but I don't think the MYLR will be the improvement you're looking for.

I’ve had our model 3 performance for a while, and recently took delivery of a y performance. Wow, it has firmer ride quality out of the box. Tempting to sell and order a long range in 2022. Tesla has been aggressive in price increases, I wonder if they will have more?
Maybe consider selling the 21 inch wheels from your MYP and changing to 19 inch wheels. Maybe getting comfort coilovers could help too, but I doubt it. I think smaller wheels and more cushy tires can help.

So there might be some movement on this today in the House, let's see:

The problem is the Senate and even if the Senate passes it there will changes for sure which will require the House to vote again on those changes. Longggggg way from becoming law.

Some more movement tonight:

The House rules committee is set to meet at 5:30pm local time on the Build Back Better Act, now that the Congressional Budget Office has come back with all the final estimates on the bill. From there, the House of Representatives is expected to vote on the package.
5:30pm local time as in 10 minutes from now or tomorrow? If it does pass the house, I might finally pull the trigger on my hold request and then wait nervously for the Senate to review.

I went back and forth for a few days on this. My EDD is late November into December. I ended up deciding to to put my vehicle on hold until January. I'm in no hurry to get it and will be busy with work all December anyways. I'm willing to wait an extra 30 or so days to potentially save up to $8,000.
Can you please explain how to request a hold? I see no option in my Tesla account.

Fully aware that I got myself in this position, but I haven’t been this conflicted on what to do with my M3LR EDD of December 1-29th. With my luck I will put it on hold, no bill will pass and I will be out a car until May-June next year.

Reactions: Nezz
When you put it on hold, what happens if price increases? How does the process really work? TIA!
I am not the expert as I haven’t done so yet, but from what I have gathered you do keep your same price (as long as you don’t change any config). The bigger question to me is what happens to your place in the queue. I have read people getting completely conflicting answers on this from their SA’s.