Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer production times... Are there any facts or just theories??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like production times varies tremendously even among identically ordered vehicles. I’ve heard that it might be because quality check fails and there is then extra time needed to correct things. Does anyone has another theory in this? Or an actual fact?
I’m wondering if longer production times indeed correlate with more or more serious issues found at the time of delivery. I’ll be curious to hear from those whom production times (PT) went way above average and wether their cars were more prone or not for something not to work well. Or in the other hand if ultra short (<5 days) PT perhaps resulted in more or less issues.

So far my MX 100D has been in production for 11 days. VIN 751xx

It seems like production times varies tremendously even among identically ordered vehicles. I’ve heard that it might be because quality check fails and there is then extra time needed to correct things. Does anyone has another theory in this? Or an actual fact?
I’m wondering if longer production times indeed correlate with more or more serious issues found at the time of delivery. I’ll be curious to hear from those whom production times (PT) went way above average and wether their cars were more prone or not for something not to work well. Or in the other hand if ultra short (<5 days) PT perhaps resulted in more or less issues.

So far my MX 100D has been in production for 11 days. VIN 751xx

Well the problem is that we just never know when the information we get is inaccurate. When we are relying on courtesy updates we can't expect them to be vetted and confirmed. The way I see it they told me when the car would be done and from now until then it's fun to see how it comes together but it's still pretty much magic as far as I'm concerned...

I wouldn't assume anything is wrong except the push to get a win with delivering more Model 3. I read something about them pulling folks off the S/X lines to help expedite the 3. They obviously need to balance this... but currently this may be why things are running slower than normal. I customized an MX only to find a Demo in new inventory which I promptly took delivery of and am very happy... best of luck at making it ASAP folks. Loving my Model X!