Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ormond

Endless Peacock
Jul 10, 2016
Central Florida
i went and looked at my X90D today. I ordered the ultra-white upholstery. The X hadn't been detailed yet for delivery, but it was washed. The build quality looked good. I looked at gaps and alignment of the doors and chrome. I was pleased. I' reserved a 24 month lease.

The reason that I'm thinking of passing on it is that I didn't like the ride. It's acceptable with the 20" wheels. Even with PUP, I don't find the interior luxurious. The center console and is a bit cheap. I know we're paying for technology and the future of Tesla, but there's room for improvement.

Since I'm paying full MSRP, I am considering giving up my deposit and either:
  • Giving up my deposit and hope for a deal on a EOQ Model S or X. I really don't need a SUV;
  • Ordering a new Tesla with autopilot 2.0; or
  • Buying my trouble-free, luxurious leased Mercedes.
Buying my MB makes the most sense, but I'd like a Tesla. Do I hold out for a possible EOQ lease deal?
Thoughts?

If you are having doubts you should leave it. I don't see how getting an AP2 car or a model S solves your reasons for leaving it. The S interior is worse than the X.

Maybe come back in a year or two to see if they have made improvements to meet your standards. Get what you like, not something you are trying to like. I came from BMW M3 / 535i and find the Tesla comparable. The drive, however, is where the Tesla excels.

Is it REALLY because of the ride, and the interior? I'm sorry I don't believe you. You've been too knowledgeable in other postings for me to believe you just suddenly decided you didn't like the ride or the interior. I find it hard to believe you didn't test drive it extensively.

I think it's really because it doesn't have AP 2.0.

You have too many post to be someone that will be happy buying the luxurious Mercedes. Do you have a hundreds of posts on an MB forum? What the hell do you even talk about there? The experience of the butt massager?

So I vote for the middle option because I think that's what your heart wants.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: hollywood
I actually hadn't seen the white interior. I missed the leather smell. I do have lots of posts on the Mercedes forum and I like my massaging seats.

I do want a Tesla. My problem is that I don't usually order cars. I've had too much time to weigh my options. I'm indecisive by nature. I hope I'm not the only one.

• Helpful
Reactions: davidc18
I actually hadn't seen the white interior. I missed the leather smell. I do have lots of posts on the Mercedes forum and I like my massaging seats.

I do want a Tesla. My problem is that I don't usually order cars. I've had too much time to weigh my options. I'm indecisive by nature. I hope I'm not the only one.

You're definitely not. Getting the Tesla was the most agonizing car decision of my life, and it was exactly because of the order and wait. I'm naturally an impulsive person so it was totally counter to my nature.

In the end it was worth it, and I'm glad I didn't go the ICE route. Sure the interior would have been much better, and road noise (my chief complaint with the Model S) would have been less. But, I wouldn't have had nearly as much fun. It just would have been another car.

All I can say is after having had my ModelX 2 the first 1.5 months: I had a lot of buyers remorse before actually getting it but once delivered I truly love it and have no regrets whatsoever. It is an amazing product. I can't imagine buying any other car than Tesla in the future, unless the other brands really change their cars completely. I will in any event never again own a fossil fuel car, that is for sure.

I loved driving the MX with that crazy big window and higher seating position. I agree that the car is not a luxury car by any stretch of the imagination, but we purchased our MSs for the vastly superior driving experience.
Some pluses
1. quiet
2. very quick (and still quiet)
3. 1 pedal driving
4. autopilot
5. 80% charge every morning
Some minuses
1. excessive wind/road noise (due to number 2)
2. fit and finish can be mixed
3. many minor issues requiring many SC visits
4. can only fit 2 car seats in second row with no room for our teenage son
5. price

Reactions: vrykolas
Thanks for the replies. It didn't help that I went to the Porsche dealership after seeing the X. I probably could get a sexy Panamera GTS for the same money.

I'm getting my 240 volt outlet installed tomorrow.

I appreciate that taste is very individual but I could never imagine a Panamera as sexy. But more than that, the instant power of a Tesla is quite addictive. Best of luck!

Thanks for the replies. It didn't help that I went to the Porsche dealership after seeing the X. I probably could get a sexy Panamera GTS for the same money.

I hope you are talking about the new panamera... If you are, I can't blame you. I am still considering the 2017 new panamera s and the upcoming whole new redesigned cayenne gts.

i went and looked at my X90D today. I ordered the ultra-white upholstery. The X hadn't been detailed yet for delivery, but it was washed. The build quality looked good. I looked at gaps and alignment of the doors and chrome. I was pleased. I' reserved a 24 month lease.

The reason that I'm thinking of passing on it is that I didn't like the ride. It's acceptable with the 20" wheels. Even with PUP, I don't find the interior luxurious. The center console and is a bit cheap. I know we're paying for technology and the future of Tesla, but there's room for improvement.

Since I'm paying full MSRP, I am considering giving up my deposit and either:
  • Giving up my deposit and hope for a deal on a EOQ Model S or X. I really don't need a SUV;
  • Ordering a new Tesla with autopilot 2.0; or
  • Buying my trouble-free, luxurious leased Mercedes.
Buying my MB makes the most sense, but I'd like a Tesla. Do I hold out for a possible EOQ lease deal?
Thoughts?
Hate to be a pill and bring this up but what about the moral question here?

The Tesla advances the chance of leaving a usable planet for future generations--all your other choices do the opposite....

If you are not aware of the facts, please see the many web sources on this, starting with climate.nasa.gov and then let conscience be your guide.

Thx.

I understand where you are coming from. My x is scheduled for December delivery and I've been building porches Benzes and bimmers on each respective web site. But in the end I want to be part of the revolution - car 2.0 and I believe the tesla product is the future.

Reactions: SmartElectric
I suggest leasing the Tesla. Even with some problems, your first electric car is a game changer. I don't think you'll consider using a gasoline-powered car again once you've grown accustomed to driving and living with an EV. The only way to really understand that is to live with it for awhile, unfortunately, otherwise I think they'd be much more popular by now. ;-)

My only regret is opting for the 60D instead of the 75. Those extra 40 miles are invaluable on road trips to remote areas with minimal SC presence. If I could do it over, I would pick a base 75D over a loaded 60D.

Other than that minor quibble (I can live with the range), the X is the best car I have ever owned.

Reactions: SmartElectric
My only regret is opting for the 60D instead of the 75. Those extra 40 miles are invaluable on road trips to remote areas with minimal SC presence. If I could do it over, I would pick a base 75D over a loaded 60D.

Other than that minor quibble (I can live with the range), the X is the best car I have ever owned.
Cant you pay to unlock to the 75? seems like that would solve your problem.

The best thing about the 60D is you can't have regrets because you can pay them to do a software update to the 75.

Unless of course you leased it where it wouldn't be all that practical.

Reactions: vrykolas