Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personal thoughts:
I would bet the TSportline springs are re-branded Eibachs (private labelled).
Sometimes private label customers will submit custom rates per request, but often they’re identical to Eibach branded ones... so why pay more if they’re more expensive?

Hope this information helps those in the market to make their decision!

You're saying you think the Eibachs will be less expensive than the TSports?

I actually got a reply in April from the engineer I was working with at Eibach and these are the specs that the final release “pro-kit” should be:

Front springs are Linear and rears are Progressive.

FRONTS:
F11-87-001-01-FA (could be internal product code)
STOCK RATE: 234 LBS/IN
EIBACH RATE: 257 LBS/IN
(Linear)

REARS:
F11-87-001-01-RA
STOCK RATE: 480 LBS/IN
EIBACH RATE: 314 LBSIN – 525LBS/IN

Total drop:
1.2” DROP FRONT AND REAR

THE VEHICLE WAS ABLE TO ALIGN TO OE SPECIFICATIONS

Personal thoughts:
I would bet the TSportline springs are re-branded Eibachs (private labelled).
Sometimes private label customers will submit custom rates per request, but often they’re identical to Eibach branded ones... so why pay more if they’re more expensive?

The Unplugged Performance ones are made by Hyperco.

Hope this information helps those in the market to make their decision!

Thanks for this info. You previously said the drop was 30mm (1.2”) front and 25mm (1.0”) rear. This seems like a better combo to even out the higher front fender gap...

Are they going with a lower drop in the rear now or was this a typo?

Any news on Eibach (or Performance Unplugged mild) springs becoming available? Both claimed "late June" and here we are...

I, and many others I'm sure, would like to be able to compare the two before deciding which road to take. The PU moderate springs look great but I still have reservations regarding uneven tire wear without further (expensive) modifications. If money weren't an issue I'd go with coilovers but I just got through paying for aftermarket wheels, performance tires and window tint...not to mention the car!

I wonder if all the companies selling springs are redoing the springs for the more recent suspension revisions? Or if that even matters? Or maybe all the springs are coming from the same factory?

T Sportline has June 2018 for delivery + Unplugged was supposed to release their mild springs in June + Eibach was supposed to be this month as well... now it’s the end of June.

I emailed Eibach and they wrote me back today and said:

"We are in the final stages of our prototype kit testing. This kit should be produced and on the shelf in about 6 weeks or so."

So maybe middle of August?

I asked him whether they'd have Pro-kit and Sportline (more aggressive) springs, but he didnt respond to that.

Thanks for the update! I had emailed them and never gotten a response.

So maybe decision time is delayed to August. I'm itching to lessen my 3's wheel well "gap". I've already upgraded to Avant Garde 19" wheels and 245/40 Conti's (bumped up a size for a little extra sidewall) but the excessive gap remains. I'm a bit concerned about the PU moderate springs. The front looks right but the back seems lower and worried about banging the bump stops too much. Wonder if they are addressing this with the new batch or just offering the mild drop springs for worriers like me. Will a mere .7" drop be noticeable and worth the expense? Will progressive or two stage be better? I'm hoping for answers soon...

Reactions: dgaultiere