Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, for pure performance, my recommendation would be a full coil-over with adjustable dampners as well as sway bars. I bought these solely for looks as I felt the car looked hideous for the class of performance.

I don't have experience with non-Performance models, I have to imagine the springs have a more significant performance advantage (albeit not world changing) on those cars than Performance models.

On the RWD, I found that the ~1" drop of the UP Mild springs resulted in a noticeable reduction in body roll. Coil-overs would certainly be better, but for $700 installed, the springs were a good bang for the buck for both aesthetics and performance.

20190811_141230.jpg

20190811_141831.jpg

NO, PROFESSIONAL SHOPS ARE NOT grinding down the holes. It is not necessary. Why would you create a permanent tamper of the car? That is definitely one way to void your suspension warranty since you are permanently creating signs of tampering.

For you DIY’ers out there, please do yourselves a favor and DO NOT Grind down the holes. You also DO NOT need a thin walled socket.

All you need to do is remove the two 15mm bolts and 2 13mm bolts and remove the entire strut assembly along with the top control arm (again as a complete assembly).

It doesn’t take any additional time or effort for this. While I applaud the diy efforts, please research beforehand.
Excellent suggestion. I saw Rich Rebuild did this method on YouTube. Btw aren’t all these 4 bolts same sizes? You mentioned 2 15mm & 2 13mm. Correct me if I’m wrong. Thanks.