Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowest price Model S yet in Oz? MY2016 60D for $67K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK. You want to address software safety issues, and people won't stick to the subject. So lets see if you can stick to the subject. Exactly what safety problems is your car suffering from that none of the rest of our cars are suffering from. Don't go off on some rant about some wrecks, unless you can show that those wrecks were due to the lack of some software update, that you are so concerned about. Without going off on some imaginary possibilities, Specifically what is your car doing that is unsafe, that a software update is available to fix???
I’m not going give this person any further pleasure in the rants that he writes. I mean seriously, the guy is now bragging about his supposed sex life.....on a car forum.

• Funny
Reactions: ARMARM
o
I'll just say this; it's not that we can't refute your arguments, it's just that we've realised it's pointless; you're not interested in, or open to reason.

All the best.

open to what reason the fact the car has not been updated since 2016 and may suffer from critical software updates needed and Tesla refuses to do them placing my life and other members of the public in danger?

I’m not going give this person any further pleasure in the rants that he writes. I mean seriously, the guy is now bragging about his supposed sex life.....on a car forum.

when somebody wants to come on a "Tesla forum" and claim to call me "mentally ill" and you and 5 other people like this comment, well then maybe you should be put into your place as to why you are taking low blows at me , maybe coz you all payed over $120k for your cars and I didn't even pay a quarter of that, don't hate

OK. You want to address software safety issues, and people won't stick to the subject. So lets see if you can stick to the subject. Exactly what safety problems is your car suffering from that none of the rest of our cars are suffering from. Don't go off on some rant about some wrecks, unless you can show that those wrecks were due to the lack of some software update, that you are so concerned about. Without going off on some imaginary possibilities, Specifically what is your car doing that is unsafe, that a software update is available to fix???

car is still on the same software as 2016 original, so since then up to now there have been updates and patches that may be critical, Tesla wont give me these or confirm if it needs them or not. Thats the issue

OK. So your car is not displaying any safety issues, and none of the rest of us are reporting any safety issues. I also have a 2016 and the only safety issue Tesla is required to fix, by the US NHTSA is the air bags. If a software safety issue were to materialize, the NHTSA would require Tesla to fix all cars as to that issue, including yours. But the first thing that would happen is owners would start complaining about a safety issue, and that hasn't happen. The possibility of an issue that does not exist, does not require a manufacturer to take action or change it's policy .

when somebody wants to come on a "Tesla forum" and claim to call me "mentally ill" and you and 5 other people like this comment, well then maybe you should be put into your place as to why you are taking low blows at me , maybe coz you all payed over $120k for your cars and I didn't even pay a quarter of that, don't hate
With respect buddy, you have a written off/salvaged version of the cheapest Tesla available and it can't be supercharged, serviced or sold. I wouldn't brag about your bargain.

OK. So your car is not displaying any safety issues, and none of the rest of us are reporting any safety issues. I also have a 2016 and the only safety issue Tesla is required to fix, by the US NHTSA is the air bags. If a software safety issue were to materialize, the NHTSA would require Tesla to fix all cars as to that issue, including yours. But the first thing that would happen is owners would start complaining about a safety issue, and that hasn't happen. The possibility of an issue that does not exist, does not require a manufacturer to take action or change it's policy .

Well reading the article where the Chinese hacked the car in 2016 , how do I know or find out if my car is safe , or yours? or others? if Tesla isnt confirming ? this is my issue

With respect buddy, you have a written off/salvaged version of the cheapest Tesla available and it can't be supercharged, serviced or sold. I wouldn't brag about your bargain.

With respect champ, my car does not need "supercharging :)" now if thats the difference between $140,000 and $40,000 HAHHHA brag rights ! are here

Whats this software update an app? HAHAHAH. I wouldn't be bragging about updates if you paid an extra $100,000 more than me , and thats how the cookie crumbles on teslamotorclub. Car is pretty much sold, just going to get Tesla to do the window calibration and the car is good as just as any other , yes including yours. $700 says I can get a ChaDMO adapter AHAHAHHA that will do fast charging (if need be) but I got a house, and I also got an electrician who I can pay $150 to connect me a 32A breaker and install me my level2 charger that will do just fine charging off peak $4 a charge in my own home, at my own convenience, without a Tesla employee hawking over me or someone accidentally bumping my car at a charge site 50 mins drive from my home in Sydney city traffic! but just saying "brag rights should be given where applicable" HAHAHAH. Let me know if you want to buy it, if you ask nicely I might sell it to you $68,000

at $68,000 your still way ahead I promise you, wait you already knew this. Considering your cars have all dropped by about $70,000 in 2 years how do you all feel about this company ? SMH

But you know you guys are loyal and I'm sure for that they are loyal in still charging the $1200 for a tyre and wiper change , LOL

at $68,000 your still way ahead I promise you, wait you already knew this. Considering your cars have all dropped by about $70,000 in 2 years how do you all feel about this company ? SMH

But you know you guys are loyal and I'm sure for that they are loyal in still charging the $1200 for a tyre and wiper change , LOL
Not wanting to pick a fight or anything but last month I had my 4 year major service and the total bill was under $400.
Opted out of the wheel rotation as I had a booking for a wheel alignment at Jax Waterloo soon after and got them to do the rotation.

Reactions: DARK_VADAR
With respect champ, my car does not need "supercharging :)" now if thats the difference between $140,000 and $40,000 HAHHHA brag rights ! are here

Whats this software update an app? HAHAHAH. I wouldn't be bragging about updates if you paid an extra $100,000 more than me , and thats how the cookie crumbles on teslamotorclub. Car is pretty much sold, just going to get Tesla to do the window calibration and the car is good as just as any other , yes including yours. $700 says I can get a ChaDMO adapter AHAHAHHA that will do fast charging (if need be) but I got a house, and I also got an electrician who I can pay $150 to connect me a 32A breaker and install me my level2 charger that will do just fine charging off peak $4 a charge in my own home, at my own convenience, without a Tesla employee hawking over me or someone accidentally bumping my car at a charge site 50 mins drive from my home in Sydney city traffic! but just saying "brag rights should be given where applicable" HAHAHAH. Let me know if you want to buy it, if you ask nicely I might sell it to you $68,000

If car is "pretty much sold", why would you install a charger?

Also, if you sell the car, that pretty much eliminates any legal recourse for damages. According to you, the sale will result in a profit.

Looks like this case is closed.

Not wanting to pick a fight or anything but last month I had my 4 year major service and the total bill was under $400.
Opted out of the wheel rotation as I had a booking for a wheel alignment at Jax Waterloo soon after and got them to do the rotation.

yeah call yourself "lucky" mate , when I was at the dealership I found it so hard to hold my tongue when I heard that customer come to the counter and they said "your cars ready we changed , front tyres and wiper blades" $1200 or $1400 it was from memory, and im just saying I ran Pirelli Corsa system tyres (the best) on my Lamborghini and they came in at $500 each! so how they can justify a standard continental tyre for that much is offensive. I dont know how they did the $400 service honestly, im going in for a diagnoses of my window and they quoting me a hour, when realistically I know it takes 15 mins at most (connect computer , and scan!)

@DARK_VADAR - for your information 1 hack that was successful was done via web browser, requires one to surf to a URL from within the car and open a link which has the malware....very low risk in itself and zero risk in Australia as we have no web browser enabled....

Other hack? Compromise a users login via the MyTesla account, shame on anyone not having a complex password however this has since been addressed also....but hey, you need not worry as you don’t have access to MyTesla, which also means you miss out on remotely unlock your car, change charging rates, start climate control, start, summon and connect to your calendar for NAV locations re appointments on and updates (hahahaha, had to do the haha everyone) but of course your car has everything ours has including Tesla being happy to fix it when something major breaks...

Go drive your old red appendage and hassle out their forums....

Did I poke hard enough? I hope so, looking forward to the drivel and rant, tuning in for my Sunday fix ;-)

Last edited:
you don’t have access to MyTesla, which also means you miss out on remotely unlock your car, change charging rates, start climate control, start, summon and connect to your calendar for NAV locations re appointments on and updates (hahahaha, had to do the haha everyone) but of course your car has everything ours has including Tesla being happy to fix it when something major breaks...

You forgot to mention the most important thing - getting referral credits for: Free - special wheels and tyres, events, clothes, travel accessories, credits/cash, powerwalls, early access for varieties of things, supercharging and best of all Tesla Roadsters 2.0