Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in Missouri and they keep trying to push me a 2018 VIN, originally tried to charge me $1k for paint upgrade, then they said they'd waive the fee, but I would have to get to denver within in 48 hours to pick it up... I declined, then they tried one last time, finally agreeing to waive all fees and ship it to my store. Unfortunately I am about to leave on a two week trip and won't be able to pick it up by the end of March, so they said that wouldn't work. I guess I'll just keep waiting for a 2019 VIN. At least some of you are making progress, I'd be happy getting the car anytime in April at this point (it would give Missouri time to patch these crater sized potholes too...)

Just ordered a Blue/AP last night, in the SF Bay Area. Tesla reached out first thing this morning and has been very responsive on questions. Made sure they knew I wanted a 2019. They said VIN should be assigned within a week. My Model S lease is up in a few months and I'm looking forward to the new ride!

Good for you. I ordered in the Bay Area a week ago yesterday (Black/FSD). Zero contact since the confirmation email.

Good for you. I ordered in the Bay Area a week ago yesterday (Black/FSD). Zero contact since the confirmation email.

Honestly you are better of contacting them vs waiting for a call. They have some inventory but you have to call and ask. Call your local dealer and work with an associate. I found that most helpful. Someone willing to actually do something for you.

Reactions: neroden
Honestly you are better of contacting them vs waiting for a call. They have some inventory but you have to call and ask. Call your local dealer and work with an associate. I found that most helpful. Someone willing to actually do something for you.

Appreciate the advice -- thanks. I actually did a test drive and ordered while at the dealership. They said my config was not in stock. And it's frustrating, but the party line about two week delivery seems like optimism designed to goose orders. I'd rather just know the real estimate. And I think failing at being fast is much worse than being accurate about taking a few weeks more.

Reactions: Jbidwal
The most useful aspect of these waiting rooms is to know that some people are getting 2019 RWD LR deliveries lined up. Otherwise, we may as well break out some tea leaves for all the good it does those of us who have yet to be contacted at all. I'm going to swing by the Tempe AZ delivery center this afternoon to see if they have any update for me (ordered 3/1 blue/black/AP; no contact yet)

Appreciate the advice -- thanks. I actually did a test drive and ordered while at the dealership. They said my config was not in stock. And it's frustrating, but the party line about two week delivery seems like optimism designed to goose orders. I'd rather just know the real estimate. And I think failing at being fast is much worse than being accurate about taking a few weeks more.

I’m in the same boat so I get your frustration. I’m giving them a week or so too. If they play this game too long I’m just going to cancel and buy an A5 sportback

I’m guessing that with the recent price drops they took in a lot of new orders. The two week estimate was probably before they considered the increase in orders, and it’s probably really more than two weeks now but nobody has bothered to update the web site. Tesla is not known for being super organized about these sort of details.

I ordered a LR RWD on 3/6 and haven’t heard a peep from them.

I’m guessing that with the recent price drops they took in a lot of new orders. The two week estimate was probably before they considered the increase in orders, and it’s probably really more than two weeks now but nobody has bothered to update the web site. Tesla is not known for being super organized about these sort of details.

I ordered a LR RWD on 3/6 and haven’t heard a peep from them.

Even the associate I’m working with is confident I’ll get it within 2 weeks. He mentioned something about Tesla making cars in batches and right now they are making USA cars. Could be bs but he seems knowledgeable. Kind of surprised a car company can act like this and still have sales. They certainly are not apple like

Even the associate I’m working with is confident I’ll get it within 2 weeks. He mentioned something about Tesla making cars in batches and right now they are making USA cars. Could be bs but he seems knowledgeable. Kind of surprised a car company can act like this and still have sales. They certainly are not apple like

I think they get away with a lot because there's no real competition at the moment. No one else has this sweet spot of EV, driver tech, and driving experience at this price point. If they get their manufacturing act together, they could really hold their lead for a while. But at this rate, I suspect they'll prove the market then get eaten by the R&D teams from other luxury car makers. Once the market reaches a tipping point, the experienced manufacturers will run them into the ground.