Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a misunderstanding here. If you take possession by May 1st, with an option with paint or wheels, the RWD will waive a cost. You will have to pay for the same option on the AWD. I used Red Paint at $2000 option on both cars. Making it $4K difference.
Like I said, my rep quoted same option comps/prices for BOTH LR versions. In other words, ALL option comps/prices are the same whether LR RWD or LR AWD. In other words, same price for red paint on either, making the difference between the cars $2K.

And sure enough that is what most everyone else is reporting, when they find this out they mostly go for the AWD for $2K more (all other config items identical). Ok horse flogged enough...

Reactions: InParadise
Like I said, my rep quoted same option comps/prices for BOTH LR versions. In other words, ALL option comps/prices are the same whether LR RWD or LR AWD. In other words, same price for red paint on either, making the difference between the cars $2K.

And sure enough that is what most everyone else is reporting, when they find this out they mostly go for the AWD for $2K more (all other config items identical). Ok horse flogged enough...
Ah, my bad, sorry for tying up this room. I've been comped paint for upgrading from a MR on 3/20 and still stuck in this room delirious :confused:. I finally have a confirmed delivery date on 5/4.

I think my wait is finally coming to an end. Hopefully everything goes as planned tomorrow.

Here's my journey:

Ordered 3/27, received VIN the same day, scheduled for delivery on 3/29
Declined 2018 VIN - 3/28.
New 2019 VIN assigned - 5/1
Delivery set for 5/2

State Farm insurance - $140.87/month
  • Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 19’’ Sport Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior

I think my wait is finally coming to an end. Hopefully everything goes as planned tomorrow.

Here's my journey:

Ordered 3/27, received VIN the same day, scheduled for delivery on 3/29
Declined 2018 VIN - 3/28.
New 2019 VIN assigned - 5/1
Delivery set for 5/2

State Farm insurance - $140.87/month
  • Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 19’’ Sport Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
Created a separate group for those
Waiting for m3 red exterior white interior
Why do i see people declining 2018 VINs and how do you know it’s from 2018v

Why do I see people saying they refused 2018 VINs?

How can you tell if it’s a 2018 vin?
You can plug the VIN into here: VIN Decoder | TeslaTap
The 10th character is the year car was manufactured. Tesla doesn't really tell us what the manufacturing changes are to the cars so aside from now shipping with HW3 (if built mid April) vs HW2.5 it really hard to say. If you are planning on getting FSD, they supposedly will retrofit you with HW3 anyways.

You can plug the VIN into here: VIN Decoder | TeslaTap
The 10th character is the year car was manufactured. Tesla doesn't really tell us what the manufacturing changes are to the cars so aside from now shipping with HW3 (if built mid April) vs HW2.5 it really hard to say. If you are planning on getting FSD, they supposedly will retrofit you with HW3 anyways.
Thanks man! I ordered a car that didn’t have 3.0, my sales guy just texted me with a new VIN and told me they changed my car to one that has the new FSD hardware, so I guess I’ve got a 2019. I’m just wondering what else could be different, did I make a mistake by pushing him to get me a car with 3.0? For example did I get the softer suspension? Or I’ve been reading something about new cars don’t have that cool gold look to the glass when wet.

Just got a VIN and a tentative delivery date!
What happens now? I have further moneys to put as my down and will be going through self-arranged financing.
I would get a verbal confirmation on delivery date before you make plans to go down there. I executed my down payment for the loan (from Tesla) after I physically inspected the car. Check the VIN on the car to ensure it matches your VIN before you start inspection. They had the wrong car for my inspection and wasted some time after I verified the VIN was incorrect.