Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What that’s actually insane! $44.5K was black without AP so essentially granting AP for $1k? Just last week it was still $3k and that config was $47.5k.

It certainly makes the LR RWD model more attractive. But realistically when it was only $2K more for the LR AWD that didn’t make much sense either. $4K seems like the right difference between RWD and AWD. And now you have no choice but to buy AP on the LR RWD model, which probably makes Tesla happier.

Reactions: yumcha
I called Tesla inside sales. They said the new price is $44,900 and does not include AP. Of course that's only one person at Tesla, so she could have been wrong. But I did confirm there is no LR RWD that includes AP. I'm not sure how the other member got a price of $44,500 with AP. Maybe if someone else calls and gets a different answer they can post it here.

Well, that does not seem right either. Base price as of last week was $44,500 (35,000 base + 9,500 LR), so $44,900 would be a price increase of $400, which does not make much sense right now.

I’ll keep this updated once I hear back from sales, please do the same. Thanks

I called Tesla inside sales. They said the new price is $44,900 and does not include AP. Of course that's only one person at Tesla, so she could have been wrong. But I did confirm there is no LR RWD that includes AP. I'm not sure how the other member got a price of $44,500 with AP. Maybe if someone else calls and gets a different answer they can post it here.

Well I thought I would add my story.

Wanted LR RWD and knew window seemed to be closing. Finally got time to drive the 90 min to my closest store with the wife and kid. The salesman was hopping around between chrome tabs showing me RWD inventory when he “happened” on one on the lot. Price on site was $51,500 with FSD. I wasn’t interested and he said he could remove it. About an hour later I’m signing delivery papers. Here’s the numbers and I’m still confused...
Base 35,000
LR 9500
Total 44,500
Dest fee 1200
Total 45700
Discount 2000
Total 43700

I don’t know why there is a discount, although it seems like I do not have AP. He never mentioned a demo and I rolled off the floor with 17 miles so if it was a demo it wasn’t for very long.

Reactions: SoManyM3s
Well I thought I would add my story.

Wanted LR RWD and knew window seemed to be closing. Finally got time to drive the 90 min to my closest store with the wife and kid. The salesman was hopping around between chrome tabs showing me RWD inventory when he “happened” on one on the lot. Price on site was $51,500 with FSD. I wasn’t interested and he said he could remove it. About an hour later I’m signing delivery papers. Here’s the numbers and I’m still confused...
Base 35,000
LR 9500
Total 44,500
Dest fee 1200
Total 45700
Discount 2000
Total 43700

I don’t know why there is a discount, although it seems like I do not have AP. He never mentioned a demo and I rolled off the floor with 17 miles so if it was a demo it wasn’t for very long.
Thanks for sharing. Seems like if you didn't want AP you got a great deal. If you did want it, you still got a $400 discount. From what other people are saying 45900 is what you would pay with AP, you paid 42500 + say 3k for AP, that's 45500. Some people get it for 2.5K after delivery so that will be a $900 discount. That's a great price!

Was this black? Were there any non-black options?

Thanks for sharing. Seems like if you didn't want AP you got a great deal. If you did want it, you still got a $400 discount. From what other people are saying 45900 is what you would pay with AP, you paid 42500 + say 3k for AP, that's 45500. Some people get it for 2.5K after delivery so that will be a $900 discount. That's a great price!

Was this black? Were there any non-black options?
Thanks. It is black and there were non black options at other locations. Mostly white which I didn't want.

It’s official now. Per Tesla:
“Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive will also now include Autopilot in the base price. As a result, the base price of Long Range Rear-WHeel Drive will increase by $1,400 in the U.S. and by $1000 (or market equivalent) in all other markets where it is available off-menu.”

Now just waiting for Tesla to adjust my order to $45,900 plus $1,000 MSM

“Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive will also now include Autopilot in the base price. As a result, the base price of Long Range Rear-WHeel Drive will increase by $1,400 in the U.S. and by $1000 (or market equivalent) in all other markets where it is available off-menu.”

+$1400 base, so LR RWD = 35k + 9.5k + 1.4k?

Same here...just got off the phone with my sales rep, and they're heading into a meeting now about the new prices. She said it's for cars manufactured on 5/12 or after.
Mine was built on 5/5, so she's not sure yet if she can adjust the price, or if I'll have to reorder.

Same here...just got off the phone with my sales rep, and they're heading into a meeting now about the new prices. She said it's for cars manufactured on 5/12 or after.
Mine was built on 5/5, so she's not sure yet if she can adjust the price, or if I'll have to reorder.

FWIW, I was told I would get the new pricing by delivery but could not get it in writing. Since I did not want to risk further price changes, I canceled my order and placed a new one.

Reactions: InParadise
I was able to modify my SR+ order placed on 5/12 to an LR RWD w/ AP, but when I got the invoice update it had the old pricing of 47500. The rep had to speak with her manager to confirm that AP was now included (it is) but then I got a separate charge for it. I don't expect any issues getting the price fixed once the new pricing becomes more well-known.

FWIW, I was told I would get the new pricing by delivery but could not get it in writing. Since I did not want to risk further price changes, I canceled my order and placed a new one.

Just in case anyone else is in the same boat, they did update to the new price in my Tesla account. Picking up on Saturday, all good.

Just got a call from Tesla stating because I changed my order to an LR RWD model that that could cause a delay at the factory or some such and that they may need to cancel and recreate the order in order for the factory to build the car.

He also stated that there were only a couple of white interior LR RWD in inventory currently available (which I didn't want). So that would follow that all future models will need to be made fresh.