Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car at Raleigh today. They let me spend as much time in the beginning checking over the car, but honestly, i did a quick walk around, opened everything and look at the paint but I didn’t look under the car or measure gaps. Basically, I didn't go in actively looking for every minor imperfection.

Noticed some very minor interior cosmetic issues that they’re going to fix on a due bill (scratch on driver's side trim, dirt on headline, bubble under dash trim).

Overall pretty happy. Build date was 3/19 so no HW3 but it came with homelink, 14-50 adapter, and phone cables. Not planning on getting FSD, so this worked out for me.
What was your vin? Curious because your car included homelink

Mine is 331xxx and did not come with homelink.
Thanks. I am up for delivery on Saturday for a 331,2xx and need Homelink. Is there anything in writing anywhere that says Tesla will honor orders before May 30? Today the delivery guy mentioned that regardless of order date if the car does not have it they are not honoring it, so I better get something in writing to argue for the due bill.

• Love
Reactions: 3Sweet
Thanks. I am up for delivery on Saturday for a 331,2xx and need Homelink. Is there anything in writing anywhere that says Tesla will honor orders before May 30? Today the delivery guy mentioned that regardless of order date if the car does not have it they are not honoring it, so I better get something in writing to argue for the due bill.
Refuse delivery, they'll write it on a due bill.

Refuse delivery, they'll write it on a due bill.
Picked up my Model 3 last night in Marina Del Rey (LA), CA. Car configured on 5/20 with a build date of 6/19. It does not have Homelink installed. I was initially told that Homelink is now a $300 post delivery option. It took a bit of back and forth -- including a visit with the "manager" -- and I had to mention that there are numerous web postings about other delivery centers writing up due bills -- before Tesla came through and gave me a due bill.

I also needed to have the hood adjusted... it was clearly misaligned... but thankfully that was an easy fix that the delivery center completed in 20 minutes.

Reactions: neroden and lax1mxb
Picked up my Model 3 last night in Marina Del Rey (LA), CA. Car configured on 5/20 with a build date of 6/19. It does not have Homelink installed. I was initially told that Homelink is now a $300 post delivery option. It took a bit of back and forth -- including a visit with the "manager" -- and I had to mention that there are numerous web postings about other delivery centers writing up due bills -- before Tesla came through and gave me a due bill.

I also needed to have the hood adjusted... it was clearly misaligned... but thankfully that was an easy fix that the delivery center completed in 20 minutes.
Meant to say a build date of June '19

I emailed the associate delivery manager at my sc about the Homelink before pick up.. Might as well nip this in the bud before.

Edit: I'll update with his reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: neroden
about homelink, some people say yes some people say no. Silly thing that people are getting 300 stolen from them when they placed their orders when it was included.
Please new car delivery friends, Post first six of vin and include Homelink or not.
they finally found me a car with no Homelink on it even though I ordered back in mid May.

Last edited:
Picked up yesterday in Marina Del Rey CA. All fine but for the no Homelink issue, despite that mine was a 5/22 order. Could not hang around for an argument so have sent emails, we will see. Technically, my order date is not in dispute nor is the fact that I raised it immediately, so we will see.

Otherwise, though, the car exceeds expectations.