Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow... That is shockingly bad build quality and a $1500 paint option! I'm taking delivery in two days on a white one too!

One can't refuse delivery with this off the menu option and the looming tax deadline
Picking mine up on Saturday. Been debating if I wanted the AWD. Anyone wish they had gone with the AWD for more power (i think about 70 more hp) and handling? The range only suffers about 5-10% with the AWD.
Don’t regret getting LR RWD even in New England winter. I like the better range. Anyway AWD was above my budget.

Picking mine up on Saturday. Been debating if I wanted the AWD. Anyone wish they had gone with the AWD for more power (i think about 70 more hp) and handling? The range only suffers about 5-10% with the AWD.
Not at all, jumping in it gives you endless smiling. To me the speed and pick up was more than enough. After driving it around yesterday.... IM GLAD I HAVE LR

Reactions: darin_n
Showroom guy said they are no longer producing LR RWD . Anyone order in June and are taking delivery still?
that unfortunate news came out on Monday but I was told on the east coast that was for europe only but it seems to have come to the usa by what you are saying but I would call if i were you. I had a tesla store person who didn't even know they were still sold 3 weeks ago when they definitely were.

If you want one guaranteed there are 6 left available ready to go in the USA right now but non have white seats if that was a must and only two have the 19 in wheels. Just remember that if you don't live within 500 miles of where it's at you have to go get it or pay 1000 dollar transport fee.

Ordered 5/15, picked up Friday. Car is amazing. Did not come with homelink but they installed for me prior to delivery after I brought it up. Good experience overall, no paint issues but a sticking door that they agreed was an issue and I made a service appointment for. The car is so good that I get now why people are willing to put up with so much crap from Tesla. I am concerned how the car will hold up to Minnesota winters though. Seems like lots of nooks and crannys and light construction. Good luck to those who are still waiting and don't get too frustrated as I was starting to. The car is worth it.

Got my car today! A fine experience, although I found multiple dents/paint peeled off. They fixed one close to the Tesla logo on the hood, but they have to order a new part on the back of the car. Also, after I got home I noticed the A/C doesn't work at all (not sure why I didn't notice earlier?). Just a lot of air, but not cold air at all. I drove in 88 degrees back to the service center :( I got an expedited service tomorrow at 9am. I hope you all get a better first day with your car!

Got my car today! A fine experience, although I found multiple dents/paint peeled off. They fixed one close to the Tesla logo on the hood, but they have to order a new part on the back of the car. Also, after I got home I noticed the A/C doesn't work at all (not sure why I didn't notice earlier?). Just a lot of air, but not cold air at all. I drove in 88 degrees back to the service center :( I got an expedited service tomorrow at 9am. I hope you all get a better first day with your car!

damn that's unfortunate, looks like you got what's gonna end up being a lemon. I do love Tesla but I kinda have to give it to the haters that they are getting away with stuff anyone else wouldn't because of the risk of never being able to get that version of the car again

Picked up WHT/BLK/19. VIN 346XXX, 6/19 build date, no homelink. Got a due bill after some "discussion". 19 wheels were discounted off the MVPA due to the earlier WHT/WHT/aero debacle from 2 weeks ago.

Details

Scheduled Tues delivery at Costa Mesa. They texted me today on Sunday during lunch if I wanted to pick up today. Called them back... Said I wasn't planning on picking up car and was out and about. They offered an Uber to pick me up which is an hour away from Costa Mesa. Call to them back an hour later and took their offer.
Quite disorganized Tesla is.

Delivery process is a mess. Noisy waiting area only 1 bathroom with single stall and a mess. delivery advisor are attaching temp plates and holders to the car as customers inspect the car. The Porter's need to do that before bringing out the car. Only a minor paint issue so I let it pass. And tons and tons of what cars being delivered. Non stop flow of cars even at 4:30.

Asked for homelink advisor objected citing LR RWD discontinued after 3/31. She went to speak to manager and confirmed my order was before 5/31 and apologized. Issued a due bill with no record as with most things Tesla.

The whole delivery is pretty crappy. I've never bought a BMW/Mercedes/Audi but I can't imagine it anything like this. Also bought a $23k Honda 2 months ago delivery was not a mess like this. As for build quality they have a way to go before they match BMW/Audi/Mercedes and Toyota / Honda.

Drove about a hundred miles, supercharged at supercharger charger a mile from house. So far so good! Damn this car is fast.

Totally surreal I have a Tesla now.

Reactions: lax1mxb and SMAlset
I picked up my car on Saturday White/Black/18. I had a good delivery experience. The delivery advisor took her time and explained everything and allowed us to take our time to review the car thoroughly. There were a few minor paint issues that are barely noticeable but were added to a due bill. Otherwise, the car appears to be flawless so far. This car is amazing and amazingly fast. It is exciting and fun to drive.
My car did not come with homelink (built 6/19, 331xx) and unfortunately, they did not honor the free install (I ordered on 5/30/19 and my order was changed to LR on 5/31/19). I can not really complain about homelink because I was given a $1500 discount by my sales advisor. I will have homelink installed later. For those who are still waiting, I hope you get your car very soon. For me, it was worth the wait. For those who have taken delivery, I hope your new car exceeds your expectations.

Reactions: SMAlset
Good news, if you placed your LR RWD order for a Tesla before 6/1 , just tell your deliver ctr rep that HOMELINK was part of the premium config when you ordered and they will do a due bill so you can get it installed for free!
What is your source? Do you have that in writing somewhere or someone at Tesla told you that was an official policy? I ask because several of us have been told that Homelink inclusion or not was not to be determined by Order date but by build date. If you have other info that could help us in challenging this please share. If you are willing to share a copy of your due bill showing Homelink even if you redact your private info, that would tremendously help.

that unfortunate news came out on Monday but I was told on the east coast that was for europe only but it seems to have come to the usa by what you are saying but I would call if i were you. I had a tesla store person who didn't even know they were still sold 3 weeks ago when they definitely were.

If you want one guaranteed there are 6 left available ready to go in the USA right now but non have white seats if that was a must and only two have the 19 in wheels. Just remember that if you don't live within 500 miles of where it's at you have to go get it or pay 1000 dollar transport fee.

Everyone pays the same delivery charge regardless of where in U.S. you live, even if down from Factory.

Everyone pays the same delivery charge regardless of where in U.S. you live, even if down from Factory.

If you purchase an inventory car and they have to transport it over a long distance they do charge an additional delivery fee, although some have been successful in getting Tesla to waive the fee. The $1,200 destination fee covers the cost to get it from Fremont to the first delivery location, which in the case of inventory vehicles may not be the final delivery location.

damn that's unfortunate, looks like you got what's gonna end up being a lemon. I do love Tesla but I kinda have to give it to the haters that they are getting away with stuff anyone else wouldn't because of the risk of never being able to get that version of the car again

There’s simply no basis for saying it’s going to be a lemon. Lots of people have had minor things taken care of after delivery and never had problems afterwards. His AC fix could be simple and not come up again.

Reactions: jebinc
If you purchase an inventory car and they have to transport it over a long distance they do charge an additional delivery fee, although some have been successful in getting Tesla to waive the fee. The $1,200 destination fee covers the cost to get it from Fremont to the first delivery location, which in the case of inventory vehicles may not be the final delivery location.
it's 1000 dollars if it's over 500 miles away, 2000 if it's used.