Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE Connection Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my car two days ago. I'm adding this to my list of problems but curious if anyone else is seeing this issue?

I park my car in an underground garage (no LTE or wifi), but even so, the car instantly picks up the signal when I get out (which I hear is a problem for many others?) --- however, sometimes 15 min later, or 30 min later, the LTE completely drops out. So I lose map tile updates, and streaming, etc.

It doesn't come back unless I reboot the screen, and even then.. it takes an additional 10 min or so.

Has anyone else seen this?

I had the same issue. Service center did a LTE modem reset at first but problem came back. They replaced the LTE connectivity board the second time and seems to fix the issue for the most part. However, now after I get out of the underground garage the navigation will show "Routing with no traffic data" even though the LTE icon has full bars on top left of the screen.

They replaced my LTE Connectivity Board this time. Seems to fix the issue for the most part. Car reconnects to LTE after exiting underground garage (full bar top left). However, the navigation would show "Routing with no traffic data"

Going on the 2nd full day of no LTE connectivity. I did ~6 restarts between yesterday and today to no avail. Called it in last night and they were monitoring a software issue but also noted that they weren't receiving data logs from the vehicle. Anybody else have this issue/fixes?
My LTE normally works fine, but the last several days when I get in my car it has a slash in it and stays that way for my entire drive or just 3-4 minutes. Usually with the next trip somewhere its fine. Is this a glitch?

My LTE normally works fine, but the last several days when I get in my car it has a slash in it and stays that way for my entire drive or just 3-4 minutes. Usually with the next trip somewhere its fine. Is this a glitch?
I made mention of this to the service center when I last took it in. Currently on 2019.5.15 and have had no issues since. If anything, do a bug report once your connection is established as they look at time stamps to address issues.

I made mention of this to the service center when I last took it in. Currently on 2019.5.15 and have had no issues since. If anything, do a bug report once your connection is established as they look at time stamps to address issues.

I just picked up my 3 Wednesday. It only has LTE connectivity (4 bars) in our condo garage (no Wi-Fi). Thursday morning, I couldn’t connect through the app when I was in our condo unit. When I got to the car, it showed a slash indicating no cell service, but then connected and I had cell service. This morning - same thing: I couldn’t connect with the app, until my wife opened the car door on her way to her car. That woke the car up, so then my app worked in my condo unit. It concerns me because I want to be able to pre-heat the car next winter. It seems like the car goes into such deep sleep that it loses LTE connectivity.

Any suggestions?

I just picked up my 3 Wednesday. It only has LTE connectivity (4 bars) in our condo garage (no Wi-Fi). Thursday morning, I couldn’t connect through the app when I was in our condo unit. When I got to the car, it showed a slash indicating no cell service, but then connected and I had cell service. This morning - same thing: I couldn’t connect with the app, until my wife opened the car door on her way to her car. That woke the car up, so then my app worked in my condo unit. It concerns me because I want to be able to pre-heat the car next winter. It seems like the car goes into such deep sleep that it loses LTE connectivity.

Any suggestions?
How long did you have the app open? It might take a few minutes to wake up the car on its own. Another trick I've tried is toggling Sentry Mode on and off when I first open the app. This has generally worked quite well in the past if I need to wake it up quickly.

Anybody else having issues today? My car is parked in the same spot it was yesterday (and where it was the past few days with no issues) and there are typically no issues but the car won't wake up in the app and shows no reception in the car itself. I'm in a garage that has no wifi. Was wondering if it's a system wide thing.

My car won't wake up via the app. It is plugged in and parked in a parking garage (same spot it always is at work) and the app can't wake it remotely. The parking spot has good LTE coverage. Hopefully it works when I get to the car tomorrow when I fly home!