Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 lemon law arbitration with Tesla resolutions team

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for response, i will contact them and try for a resolution.

I submitted mine on their site. But the thing that was the most successful was the New Vehicle Motor Board who worked with me, contacted and got a response from Tesla and we’re super cool.
I have submitted my claim to New Vehicle Motor Board today. Hoping for the best.

How long did the whole process took for you? Did New Vehicle Motor Board respond quickly and have time to hear your concerns?
Did Tesla respond immediately and showed concern?

I have submitted my claim to New Vehicle Motor Board today. Hoping for the best.

How long did the whole process took for you? Did New Vehicle Motor Board respond quickly and have time to hear your concerns?
Did Tesla respond immediately and showed concern?
The NVMB called me and went over everything after I submitted the paperwork and said they usually get responses from Tesla in 10-14 days. Overall, it was just good to have someone on my side who was working to help push things along.

Tesla contacted me separately due to everything I had submitted to them and resolved it during the timeframe the NVMB had given me so they didn't have to get involved after all. Separately, the NVMB contacted me right after I heard from Tesla with an update that they had heard about the issue being resolved so it was great that they were also pursuing the issue as well and I'm guessing if Tesla hadn't reached out to me, the NVMB's involvement would've helped.

Reactions: jiehan and kpanda17
What's the issue with the rear seats? Wipers and braking are a non issue.

If @ysh1116 is trying to use lemon law on in CA because the auto wipers dont work to their satisfaction, and because they have experienced phantom braking, thats probably why they lost arbitration already, and they are having problems finding a lawyer to take their case.

Reactions: DocHolliday
Hey fellow Model 3 owners,

I took delivery of my Model 3 on June 2nd and I've been complaining to the SC about the drivers side window being very noisy when going 55+mph and there is a seriously leak that is causing water to drench all over the interior panel. I've already visited the SC twice now. They replaced the seal and adjusted the window but still water gets through. I had to test it at a carwash with a pressure washer since California hardly ever rains if ever. They told me not to use pressure washer as it can cause similar problems related to what I am experiencing but the other windows don't leak any water through. Only the drivers side and this has been an issue since I took deliver of the car. I was thinking if they cannot fix it the 3rd time, I will being the lemon law process. Has anyone tried lemoning their model 3?

My personal experience with lemon law (both GM cars) required three unsuccessful attempts to fix the same problem and/or 30 cumulative days out of service for repairs within some initial period of ownership (18 months?). Both of my cars satisfied both of those clauses several times over.

To be fair, a pressure washer can probably get through any frameless door glass on any car. If a garden hose can’t get through it’s probably “fixed” in the spirit of the law.

Reactions: DocHolliday
That's not really relevant. It's not designed to withstand that high pressure. If it happens to not leak from pressure washing, that's great. But you can't use that as the gauge for the bad window.
I understand that its not meant to withstand a 1800-2000psi hose but I have never ever had a leak like this where the whole door panel is soaked in water! I am not sure how else I can replicate the problem? Cali never rains. I always used pressure washer to wash all my vehicles. Also, when the SC looked at my window, they knew it was out of spec because it sat so far out you can fit a credit card through. The adjustment made it slightly better but it still wasn't sitting flush.

Attachments

• IMG_5080.jpeg
    IMG_5080.jpeg
    493.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5001.jpeg
    IMG_5001.jpeg
    586.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 71100364918__64E7CF01-26F9-4F4C-9FAD-B1443ABAE9DE.jpeg
    71100364918__64E7CF01-26F9-4F4C-9FAD-B1443ABAE9DE.jpeg
    323.5 KB · Views: 35