Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tapp 1.5
Features:
  • Automatic Login
  • Minute-by-Minute vehicle location and tracking
  • Google maps car location
  • Lock + Unlock, Horn, Lights, Climate control, Charge Port control, Charge functions including Start, Stop, Charge limit, Remote Start, Valet mode controls
  • Graphs - Temperature both inside and outside the car, charge level.
  • Car photo (matching specs)
  • Custom Alarm (Use in emergencies only)
  • Secure login with Tesla's API
Passwords and identifying information: The app does not, under any circumstances collect or send identifying information about your vehicle or yourself (such as usage information, car information, car location etc) to I or any third party except for the following: Google maps is passed a coordinate in form of latitude and longitude to locate your car visually, no data other than latitude and longitude are sent. The application stores an access token securely which can be used to access your car remotely. This token is only saved with express permission from the user and is only used to perform automatic logins.
Upcoming Additions:

• Apple keychain support for safer data
  • Cleaner UI
  • Graphs, graphs, graphs
  • Bug fixes, as always.

Screenshots:
X3X8pI4.png

cwC5IEX.png

xi5OhEZ.png

Spencer

Spencer, you should add a home / away profile to the APP to allow for choosing to use the proxy or not. At work proxy / home no proxy.
Great APP though, if I get sometime I'll code a patch and send it your way for this feature.

Spencer, you should add a home / away profile to the APP to allow for choosing to use the proxy or not. At work proxy / home no proxy.
Great APP though, if I get sometime I'll code a patch and send it your way for this feature.

Thanks for the idea! I'm working on version 2 and will try to include proxy support.

How about something like the following:
  • App checks the current WiFi network name (SSID)
  • App then prompts user to select either Home or Away options (Saves selection for current SSID)
  • If the user selects home, then the app proceeds to the initialization
  • If the user selects away, then the app asks the user whether or not to use a proxy
  • If the user says yes to proxy usage, then the app asks for proxy info (Saves proxy info as well)
  • If not, then the app continues, but is more secure in it's communication with the Tesla servers. (SSL certificate verification)
This shouldn't be too much of a hassle, except for routing all the communication through the proxy.
Periodic app updates are kept here

Spencer

Thanks for the idea! I'm working on version 2 and will try to include proxy support.

How about something like the following:
  • App checks the current WiFi network name (SSID)
  • App then prompts user to select either Home or Away options (Saves selection for current SSID)
  • If the user selects home, then the app proceeds to the initialization
  • If the user selects away, then the app asks the user whether or not to use a proxy
  • If the user says yes to proxy usage, then the app asks for proxy info (Saves proxy info as well)
  • If not, then the app continues, but is more secure in it's communication with the Tesla servers. (SSL certificate verification)
This shouldn't be too much of a hassle, except for routing all the communication through the proxy.
Periodic app updates are kept here

Spencer

Yep, love it, you don’t even have to modify it to much really I can send you my working proxy setup with your code if you want it. But, great work.

Pm me yoiur email address or I can do a PR on your git, but I’m not up to date, either way I’ll get it to yah.

What’s the reason to ask if it’s trusted, we should always be https even when trusted I think.

Https is on all of the time; but SSL certificate verification is off by default. If the network is deemed unsafe, then the app will also check if Tesla's SSL certificate is valid before using the API.