Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mach-E: Ford Mustang Inspired EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Biggest question is charging and efficiency. 47 miles range in 10 minutes with 150kW chargers. How many 150kw CCS chargers are around? Electrify America is expanding, but they are behind Tesla.

It should compete in performance and handling though, that's for sure. Will dealers be able to sell and service them?

what's funny is they use public L2 chargers at third party/different dealerships etc as part of their route network map Say Goodbye to Gas with Ford® All-Electric Vehicles .

Meanwhile the local Ford dealership might not have liked it too much when I plugged in my 3 while I was there to test drive (even put cones in front of my car ?? )

Last edited:
Honestly it looks great.

Does anyone have any insight to their autopilot equivalent? I see the wide angle camera, I'm assuming for lane keeping and there is a radar for active cruise.

Also looks like they have an instrument cluster, and the puck for controlling is quite welcome.

All in all seems like better value than a M3/MY. My wife doesn't care too much for NoAP, nor the Supercharger network... Let's wait and see.

Honestly it looks great.

Does anyone have any insight to their autopilot equivalent? I see the wide angle camera, I'm assuming for lane keeping and there is a radar for active cruise.

Also looks like they have an instrument cluster, and the puck for controlling is quite welcome.

All in all seems like better value than a M3/MY. My wife doesn't care too much for NoAP, nor the Supercharger network... Let's wait and see.

Looks like they offer basic lane centering in stop and go traffic plus TACC. So, not really an Autopilot equivalent at highway speeds. And you can only be stopped 3 seconds before you have to manually resume. They seem to be behind the other brands in this realm. They do offer all the safety stuff it looks like.

Ford® Driver Assist Technologies | Ford Co-Pilot 360™

• Informative
Reactions: Cheburashka

Thx!

Customers who reserve a vehicle will be able to finalize their configuration next year when the ordering window opens.

Learn more about the Mach-E name by watching this video.

Deposit only allows configuration of a vehicle. Reservation Process is not an order or purchase of vehicle. Deposit does not guarantee delivery of a vehicle. Refunds will be received in 7-10 business days and will be credited.

Sorry. Looks hideous, blatant copying Tesla on several fronts, center tablet screen, over air updates, phone as a key etc. But to use the Mustang name is tragic. Overt use of an icon for publicity. That thing is not a Mustang. Very sad. I’m glad that Ford is making an all electric, but to call that monstrosity a Mustang is ridiculous

Reactions: TMThree
Guess the question is, would I buy this over the Y? As of now its a resounding NO. I just see Tesla as being so far in front in the EV market. Once their customer service comes around I can't see how a manufacturer starting 6 years behind can catch up within the next 3-5 years.

**This coming from a non Telsa owner. LOL

I agree it's fairly ugly, but then so is the Model Y. In terms of looks and image this doesn't deserve the Mustang name. Was pretty obvious when the little piggy was standing next to the actual Mustangs. Would be nice if they had a coupe version too for those of us who aren't part of the SUV craze.

But apart from the exterior it seems to be a great EV that checks the right boxes. I just wish they had talked more about the car instead of bringing a Hollywood actor and a choir on the stage. For example, they mentioned in passing that the car will get "handsfree driving" via an OTA upgrade, but then never mentioned it again. Weird.

47 miles of range added in 10 minutes using a 150 kW charger can't be right, unless if the vehicle's efficiency is 532 Wh per mile or it can't charge at 150 kW.

150 kW of power is 25 kWh added in 10 minutes, and 25 Wh consumed in 47 miles is an average of 532 Wh. If the car's efficiency is rated at 350 Wh/mi, it would take 16.45 kWh to travel 10 minutes, making it an average of 98.7 kW of charging.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GregRF
Guess the question is, would I buy this over the Y? As of now its a resounding NO. I just see Tesla as being so far in front in the EV market. Once their customer service comes around I can't see how a manufacturer starting 6 years behind can catch up within the next 3-5 years.

**This coming from a non Telsa owner. LOL
I'm a non-Tesla, EV owner... heck... I was an inline model 3 reservation holder. ..and the Mach E appeals to me...and so does the Kona EV. Model Y...not so much appeal to me. Awesome time to have these EV chioces!

That reveal was appalling. I think Mach E looks cool, especially the interior, but horrible presentation with absolutely no valuable information. Basically just a “hey look we copied Tesla a bunch just to say we are in this whole electric craze- alright cya! Oh yeah and it’s a Mustang too, believe us!?”

Just surfed the reservation page and it is MORE money than Model Y with no super charging network. $57Kish for the specs I would get on MY for about $50Kish. Premium electric brand for less than a conventional middle of the road automaker? Good luck with that proposition. Don’t care about tax credit either!

Reactions: Dutchie