Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Made in China Model 3: Build Quality / Hardware Differences

bingbongbing

Nov 1, 2021
devon
Would I be correct in thinking the Chinese built ones are better built than the US ones(seems as 99% of stuff out of china is better than American for quality)?

Adopado

Aug 19, 2019
Scotland
Would I be correct in thinking the Chinese built ones are better built than the US ones(seems as 99% of stuff out of china is better than American for quality)?

There is a clear consensus that this is indeed the case. Perhaps a greater degree of consistency in the build i.e. you've a higher chance of getting a "good one". No significant build quality issues on my Fremont car but that's not the case for everyone.

Reactions: skateboarder

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
Fremont cars were pot luck, I think, although I believe they got better towards the latter parts of last year. I've not really heard a bad word said against the MIC cars at all.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC