Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Massachusetts, USA] Payment timing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, delivery for my 2021 Model 3 LR AWD is scheduled for next Saturday.

I haven't handed in the insurance info that shows the Tesla as already registered, nor the down payment(I am financing through Tesla's partners).

I see that some people wait until actually seeing the car, but I wasn't sure where these people are ordering from. So I thought I would make a state-specific thread about this.

For those that live in Massachusetts, were you allowed to wait on down payment as well as submitting the insurance proof with your Tesla vehicle on policy?

Thanks

What is the concern? Rejecting the car and having the financing tied up? Or paying for insurance early?

In my case this crossed my mind, but it worked out as the car is perfect. Honestly I think sometimes people over think things a bit - not your fault as the process Tesla uses kind of asks people to do so.

What is the concern? Rejecting the car and having the financing tied up? Or paying for insurance early?

In my case this crossed my mind, but it worked out as the car is perfect. Honestly I think sometimes people over think things a bit - not your fault as the process Tesla uses kind of asks people to do so.
Yes both of those you mentioned, the financing being tied up, and paying for insurance early.

So, delivery for my 2021 Model 3 LR AWD is scheduled for next Saturday.

I haven't handed in the insurance info that shows the Tesla as already registered, nor the down payment(I am financing through Tesla's partners).

I see that some people wait until actually seeing the car, but I wasn't sure where these people are ordering from. So I thought I would make a state-specific thread about this.

For those that live in Massachusetts, were you allowed to wait on down payment as well as submitting the insurance proof with your Tesla vehicle on policy?

Thanks
Way off topic here. But do you plan on applying for the EV tax credit here in mass or is the car not elidable due to the price of the car?

Way off topic here. But do you plan on applying for the EV tax credit here in mass or is the car not elidable due to the price of the car?
You're talking about the $7500 one, right? If so, I haven't applied because the EV tax credit for Tesla's have run out I believe. If you were talking about the $2500 MA EV Rebate program, then yes I have applied for that one and have been confirmed eligibility. Just waiting for the check to get to me now.