Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massively ICE'd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So funny, some of these replies, you would think people should be sent to jail for this--LOL!

I seriously doubt any of these people who's car is photographed, said "oh look, Tesla Superchargers--let's block them as I hate Tesla owners"...I mean come on people.

In both photos the car is towing something, so they went to the back of the lot to park it. They have NO clue what a Tesla charging station is.

NOW, should these places be marked better--YES. Maybe yellow cross-stripping on cement with NO PARKING UNLESS EV.

But some of the replies in this thread made me laugh out loud. Straight to death row.

And BTW, for those suggesting confronting people, here in Texas that is NOT a wise idea, as you might not like the outcome.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt any of these people who's car is photographed, said "oh look, Tesla Superchargers--let's bock them as I hate Tesla owners"...I mean come on people.
In the OP's case the owner denied it was his truck when asked by security. Whether he originally knew it was EV parking or not (despite all the signes), that instantly put in d-bag territory in my book.

So funny, some of these replies, you would think people should be sent to jail for this--LOL!

I seriously doubt any of these people who's car is photographed, said "oh look, Tesla Superchargers--let's block them as I hate Tesla owners"...I mean come on people.

In both photos the car is towing something, so they went to the back of the lot to park it. They have NO clue what a Tesla charging station is.

NOW, should these places be marked better--YES. Maybe yellow cross-stripping on cement with NO PARKING UNLESS EV.

But some of the replies in this thread made me laugh out loud. Straight to death row.

And BTW, for those suggesting confronting people, here in Texas that is NOT a wise idea, as you might not like the outcome.

Exaaactly- and a lot these reactions imply violence to the people or their property.... then beg for nanny state government laws to alter people's behavior. There is a free market solution in most cases which doesn't require government at all... display: "EV Parking only, violators will be towed at your expense, etc" and then call the friggin private tow companies when ICE cars block the spaces. done.

I actually think Hanlon's razor applies here: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

ICEr: "Hey there is a block of free spots! I know there are not many EV's on the road so clearly no one will care if I occupy all these spots..."

If there were always one or more TMS in those spots this might be less of an issue.

TMSer: "Hey does someone own the rig blocking the charging spots and if so could you please move so I can charge?"

ICEr: "Oops, guess I was wrong! Darn, maybe if I just be quiet and lay low they will just go away..." [Not understanding why you can't simply go down the road to another SC or L2.]

I actually think Hanlon's razor applies here: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

ICEr: "Hey there is a block of free spots! I know there are not many EV's on the road so clearly no one will care if I occupy all these spots..."

If there were always one or more TMS in those spots this might be less of an issue.

TMSer: "Hey does someone own the rig blocking the charging spots and if so could you please move so I can charge?"

ICEr: "Oops, guess I was wrong! Darn, maybe if I just be quiet and lay low they will just go away..." [Not understanding why you can't simply go down the road to another SC or L2.]

Even if the original parking was not in malice, as soon as he lied when asked point blank by security, he was no longer ignorant and stupidity is not the correct description of his actions. He was just an inconsiderate jerk at the point.

How about a new rule: "Don't assume someone is stupid, they may just be rude or inconsiderate" :)

The solution is to crazy glue/seal the gas hatch cover. Doesn't get him stuck there longer and he gets a little taste of his own medicine when he needs to fill up.

Karma.

I gave someone a locking gas cap once upon a time, after they'd fueled up the night before leaving the area for good. Not the key, though. And yes, they really really deserved it. You would agree if you heard the whole story. And I still don't feel bad about it. I heard years later what happened. I guess they're still working at a store in the Nevada small town where they'd stopped for gas all those years ago. If you ever meet Brandon Kelly, you might ask him the story.

:)

It really doesn't matter if it is on purpose or not. The end result is the same and they should be ticketed or towed. The example that blocking a gas station spot and walking to go see a movie would get you towed is a perfect example. Tesla needs to start finding supercharger spots where they have more control of the parking rules.

It really doesn't matter if it is on purpose or not. The end result is the same and they should be ticketed or towed. The example that blocking a gas station spot and walking to go see a movie would get you towed is a perfect example. Tesla needs to start finding supercharger spots where they have more control of the parking rules.

Well, I agree with your latter statement of finding places they can control.

Ticketed--not going to happen, not a handicap spot or other legally enforceable offense to be ticketed. And I think police these days have more important things to do than that!

Let's see, I want a cop to go to a robbery in progress, or head to the local Tesla charger behind a truck stop to ticket someone--come on please tell me you're joking!!

The towing part COULD be accomplished IF they had signs stating such, and the signs abided by local towing codes. Here in Texas, you have to have VERY specific language, sign height, location, etc in order for a car to actually be towed. So let's all follow the law, before just pretending to know what we are talking about.

Please, we should really try and be realistic. Well parking enforcement police normally do not respond to robberies or other crimes. Their job is parking enforcement. Of course if a police officer were heading to write a ticket and got a call for a robbery in progress they should immediately head to the robbery. Where did I indicate otherwise?
The spots should be legally enforceable and that is on Tesla and owners to push for a change in the laws. That will be yet another state by state battle.