Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.1 - new HOLD mode and other features

Do you use One Petal Driving?

• Yes

Votes: 690 89.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Prefer Roll

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • Prefer Creep

Votes: 47 6.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If still waiting for software update TRY this.
Tesla Tip: How To Get Latest Software Update Immediately | CleanTechnica

Worked for me.

I'm not sure whether this is a placebo or not. When you switch to the Software tab, it already goes into "Checking for updates..." mode. So it could just be a coincidence that it finds the update after a user plays with the switch on the tab.

But I will admit, I tried it this morning and did get the update immediately after pressing and holding the Advanced toggle.

Only one trip to work of approx. 15 miles so far, but the one pedal driving is awesome! Definitely how it should have 'come out of the box', in my opinion. I especially like that the acceleration delivered at a given pedal position seems more linear / less front-loaded, and further rewards fine/subtle changes as you transition into coast or regen. Still getting used to it though, as it is a little different from the previous version of 'one pedal'.

PS- No strangeness and I did have the cone viz. (I always shut it down for several minutes after update/before using too...)

Ok we need new dyno figures. TeslaFi logged 416 kW power at 44 mph and 417 kW at 51 mph.
559 HP 417 kW power P3- 19” 36.2.1 89%

417 kW translates to 559 hp of motor power! It will be less at the wheel but probably still over 500 hp. The highest I observed before 36.2.1 was 470 hp.
P3- at 89% on 36.2.1

Do other car company uses HP at the wheel or total motor power? Like when AMG or Muscle car brags about HP is it wheel or total?

Crank hp?

Yeah- power at the crankshaft...essentially the part that converts the up/down of the pistons to rotational force and conveys that force to the transmission

The car maker instead puts it on an engine dyno, which essentially bolts on where the transmission normally would, and that's the number they typically report as horsepower.

Which is why it doesn't include drivetrain loss- since there's no drivetrain attached at the time.