Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone with 10.4 notice if it stops driving in the middle of the road where lanes aren’t marked?

My subdivision is off of a road where the speed limit is 45, and it thinks 45 is the speed limit in the subdivision until it sees a 25 sign. It’s fairly alarming when it starts hauling ass as soon as I pull into the neighborhood. I keep hoping they will fix that as well.

So the 2 other Teslas on my street should do it as well? Nice.
While we all like to think and see improvements in our car think how WEIRD it would actually be if it were individualized. In a couple of years we would have smart Tesla's and dumb Tesla's on the road. One could boast that their Tesla's is smarter than your average Tesla o_O or even better when selling used add a premium to price since it was smarter.😀

Reactions: outdoors and Phlier
Thank you. It’s also not anyone’s definition of insanity (I say this as a psychologist.)

Furthermore, the same action can often produce different results when repeated. So this commonly used phrase is actually triple wrong.
The example given for proving your second sentence is rolling of dice. However, the EXPECTATION of results will ALWAYS be the same: a total between one and twelve will result. Every time.

Reactions: Phlier
My wife and I grew up in towns 3 hours apart, in the same state, and our expressions for time our completely different.

I think you are implying that "last night" ends at the most recent midnight, and "this morning" starts then.

I think of "last night" as ending at the most recent sunrise. That's when this morning starts for me.

Toe-may-toe, ta-mah-toe.
My wife still seems to do some sort of math or calculation in her head when I say "noon thirty" to mean 12:30 PM. When she asks me what time it is (minded she too is apple watch wearer with iphone, etc.) If I say something like "its twenty-two ten" I get it, she's taking 22 and subtracts 8 and then adds 2 and then subtracts 6 to get the hour, probably then looks outside and see's that it's dark, and then the TEN is about 1/6 of an hour so it's probably around 10:15 PM right?

At least this is how it looks from the outside what is going on on the inside.. I could be wrong though. ;-)

Reactions: vanjwilson
I have the latest Android version, 4.2.3, of the Tela app, but there is no option there for Live Camera.
Does this option only appear in the IOS version of the Tesla App? If so I wonder if there is a mirrored version of the IOS app that might work on my phone.
Historically, latest PLAY STORE available android OS version has not kept pace with the most recent requirements for the most recent vehicle FSD Beta software requirements.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
My car does seem to be learning. It used to stop when making the right turn onto my street then slowly creep through the turn then speed up. I started pushing the accelerator through the turn and last night it turned all by itself without the creep.
pushing the go peddle has always helped with getting the FSD to take a bit more risk or use less overly cautious action.

Reactions: JeremyJ
Just moving to 24 hour time would be helpful, sort of like the ROW!
So does a day begin at D-1 2400, or D at 0000 hours? We've seen in healthcare applications different interpretations for identifying midnight, and integrating these is a major PIA (and confusing to users!).

OPINION: Does anyone disagree that the date changes precisely at midnight? It seems anomalous to use "24xx" from prior date for that first hour of the calendar day. A day should run from 0000:00 - 2359:59, which makes more logical sense. I suppose one could argue that 0000:01 - 2400:00 makes sense, but that makes an exception to what an hour on a given day means.

Reactions: mxnym