Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the exact methodology to resetting the software update last checked days ago...? Do a service request... for what? Don't want Tesla to be getting crying-wolf requests...!
In app, tap service, service request, driver assistance features, then other.
Then just type your software is stuck.
Then remote diagnostics begin.
Then message to soft reboot.

In app, tap service, service request, driver assistance features, then other.
Then just type your software is stuck.
Then remote diagnostics begin.
Then message to soft reboot.
Alas this did not work, but thanks for the try! I did that, remote diag started, got this message (see attached). Rebooted, still showing days ago checked.

Attachments

• IMG_2468.png
    IMG_2468.png
    253.9 KB · Views: 160
Alas this did not work, but thanks for the try! I did that, remote diag started, got this message (see attached). Rebooted, still showing days ago checked.

Same here. Reboot, remote diagnosis, reboot again, no dice. Stuck on March 27. Swapping between tabs to recheck a few times each.

My guess is that Tesla's changed the API responses to the firmware check endpoint, so our current firmware is getting an unexpected code back, and the UI interprets that as a null response instead of a negative response. I suppose this means it's likely this latest firmware version can only be delivered via push, and not by pull (at least until our firmware is updated and can correctly interpret the new code as a negative instead of a null).

Same here. Reboot, remote diagnosis, reboot again, no dice. Stuck on March 27. Swapping between tabs to recheck a few times each.

My guess is that Tesla's changed the API responses to the firmware check endpoint, so our current firmware is getting an unexpected code back, and the UI interprets that as a null response instead of a negative response. I suppose this means it's likely this latest firmware version can only be delivered via push, and not by pull (at least until our firmware is updated and can correctly interpret the new code as a negative instead of a null).
Yep, suspect you're correct. So we'll just need to wait until Papa Elon deems us worthy.

Do wish Tesla could fix bugs like this that crop up. I've seen this before on earlier firmwares, and there are some bugs that still don't seem fixed on the S (the navigation list of directions mostly empty save the next couple of turns until reboot, and the regen bar stuck either full solid green or full solid grey). Been like this for half a year or more now.

Anyway, getting off topic. Please, Elon, can I has some Eff Ess Dee, pwease?

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1

When all else fails, wake that bitch up... windows, doors, air conditioning.. etc.
If that doesn't work, go find a Mustang to race, smoke em, then reconnect to wifi.
It's worked in the past for me, so....

When all else fails, wake that bitch up... windows, doors, air conditioning.. etc.
If that doesn't work, go find a Mustang to race, smoke em, then reconnect to wifi.
It's worked in the past for me, so....
I'm pretty sure the most important part of those directions is the smoking of the Mustang. Everything else will be optional.

😥

Reactions: FSDtester#1
A rare JEBINC objective FSBb post - 25 miles on v11.3.4

Conditions:
Overcast with a few brief rain showers thrown in for good measure

Roads/Speed Limits: Semi-rural to high traffic urban (mall area). 15mph to 45mph. No highway driving this test run.

In no order or priority...

1. Still swings wide on right turns and crosses over center line
  2. When making one left turn at a "T" intersection the car was very confused. Applied brake-pedal-brake-pedal-left-right-left-left-left-right and finally the left turn. I might have been reported as a possible DUI driver?
  3. Two lights turned yellow, where I would have stopped, given my distance to the the light when it turned. The car didn't flinch and went right on through. Didn't run a red, entered a late yellow and exited intersection while red. Had this first light not been a long yellow, either it would have ran the light or slammed the brakes on hard last minute - we will never know. The car has no idea if lights are quick or long yellow lights either, so...
  4. No major interventions; but had about six in 25 miles. Really like the pop up voice reporting "reason for disengagement" feature. It popped up every time I disengaged.
  5. When it showered, you immediately get the "FSD may be degraded" msg. I used auto wipers, against my better judgement - but they worked okay. It's been nearly a year since I tried them. They used to really suck!
  6. Cruising on long stretches of road was not nearly as stressful as before.
  7. My trunk still doesn't open, ask @WilliamG to explain. This time, my arms were full and the only way to get the F'n trunk to open was to go inside the car and open it from the UI

This was a pretty good stress test run, save for no highway driving/testing, and it did better than I was expecting. More testing needed tomorrow. Looking forward to your reports and experiences!

@uthatcher @WilliamG @Ramphex

Last edited:
A rare JEBINC objective FSBb post - 25 miles one v11.3.5

Conditions:

Roads/Speed Limits: Semi-rural to high traffic urban (mall area). 15mph to 45mph. No highway driving this test run.

2. When making one left turn at a "T" intersection the car was very confused. Applied brake-pedal-brake-pedal-left-right-left-left-left-right and finally the left turn. I might have been reported as a possible DUI driver?
  3. Two lights turned yellow, where I would have stopped, given my distance to the the light when it turned. The car didn't flinch and went right on through. Didn't run a red, entered a late yellow and exited intersection while red. Has this first light not been a long yellow, either it would have ran the light or slammed the brakes on hard last minute - we will never know. The car has no idea is lights are quick or long yellow lights, either, so...
  4. No major interventions; but had about six in 25 miles. Really like the pop up voice reporting reason for disengagement feature. It popped up every time I disengaged.
  5. When it showered, you immediately get the "FSD may be degraded" msg. I used auto wipers, against my better judgement - but they worked okay. It's been nearly a year since I tried them. They used to really suck!
  7. My trunk still doesn't open, ask WilliamG to explain. This time, my arms were full and the only way to get the F'n trunk to open was to go inside the car and open it from the UI

This was a pretty good stress test run, save for no highway driving/testing and it did better than I was expecting. More testing needed tomorrow. Looking forward to your reports and experiences!

The NJ Nightmare
Thank you for the objectivity.. but how did you get V 11.3.5???

Are you a closet Schiller??

A rare JEBINC objective FSBb post - 25 miles on v11.3.4

Conditions:

3. Two lights turned yellow, where I would have stopped, given my distance to the the light when it turned. The car didn't flinch and went right on through. Didn't run a red, entered a late yellow and exited intersection while red. Had this first light not been a long yellow, either it would have ran the light or slammed the brakes on hard last minute - we will never know. The car has no idea if lights are quick or long yellow lights either, so...
  4. No major interventions; but had about six in 25 miles. Really like the pop up voice reporting "reason for disengagement" feature. It popped up every time I disengaged.
  7. My trunk still doesn't open, ask @WilliamG to explain. This time, my arms were full and the only way to get the F'n trunk to open was to go inside the car and open it from the UI

This was a pretty good stress test run, save for no highway driving/testing, and it did better than I was expecting. More testing needed tomorrow. Looking forward to your reports and experiences!

@uthatcher @WilliamG @Ramphex

Wife just sent me to the store; six miles round trip.... I learned you can do "right turns on red" by just "goosing it," a little...um, um, um. Doesn't disengage and goes through. Otherwise, no other disengagements this trip A bit herky-jerky at times, but it made its through a not so easy journey to QFC. Oh, watch out for speed bumps, it ignores them!