Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Especially when it could mean the difference between losing lives or not
Oh please, if we're going to get melodramatic then they shouldn't release it at all. IMO FSD Beta is hugely risky, period. Have you seen it launch itself into oncoming traffic, I doubt it can get much worse than that, nor do I expect 10.2 will get much better than that.

Oh please, if we're going to get melodramatic then they shouldn't release it at all. IMO FSD Beta is hugely risky, period. Have you seen it launch itself into oncoming traffic, I doubt it can get much worse than that, nor do I expect 10.2 will get much better than that.
Certainly a Plaid, launching to 150MPH+ in 9.2s (1/4 mile) is no risk at all! Or going from 0-60 in <2s.... 😁

melodramatic. making a go-no-go poll on anything that involves potential for loss of life while also having a massive financial/business impact is not easy in any industry. There is a lot at stake when you make the decision, that is all I was commenting on. Not if the FSD beta was too risky or not to be rolled out. lol

Reactions: Dan D.
LOL.

I have no doubt it can.

BTW, you are in BC, where this isn’t even being released !! Not sure why you are whining.
It's in Richmond Hill, ON. I see no reason it couldn't be in BC. Didn't watch or listen to his commentary so he might be Canadian or not, but if Joshua C has just driven an FSD Beta across the border from the US it's not geofenced.

ps: Concern is not whining, but if I was to complain miserably about anything it would be the rain

That is my opinion too. But I am choosing to pretend like I don't know that and am hoping for a release tonight. Didn't 10.1 come out on a Saturday night?
I will hope so too :) I have a 100 score, and haven't been driving lately so I can lock it in. I drove to Starbucks today just to scratch my driving itch, and now im waiting to see what happens!

EPROM SHME-PROM. I was the KING of the 029 Keypunch machine<g>

graduated to 6502 assembler then '[...]

That's awesome! Remember the first time you used a symbolic assembler? It was amazing! Like, instead of pre-allocating (and then keeping track of) the hex memory address for every variable, you could actually give them names, and use the name every time you needed to reference the variable! Incredible!

Things were so much simpler back then...

(Apologies for the off-topic posting, but nice to have something to reminisce over that's not FSD this or Elon Musk that). 😃 o_O

It literally rained all day long here in the desert yesterday. Started early in the a.m. and didn't stop until late last evening. Just a steady, non stop rain.

Kinda felt like I was in @jebinc 's neck of the woods for a day. It was really nice for a change, and it finally broke our summer heat cycle.

But today... today would have been a very nice day to go for a long drive with the wife and FSD Beta. <sigh>

But now that the fall weather is officially in swing here in the desert, there's going to be a lot of really nice driving days ahead. It's going to be a great time of year to be beta testing FSD. :D

This place is a furnace for 5 months of the year, but man... the other 7 months more than make up for it.

• Love
Reactions: jebinc and mwasylyk
That's awesome! Remember the first time you used a symbolic assembler? It was amazing! Like, instead of pre-allocating (and then keeping track of) the hex memory address for every variable, you could actually give them names, and use the name every time you needed to reference the variable! Incredible!

Things were so much simpler back then...

(Apologies for the off-topic posting, but nice to have something to reminisce over that's not FSD this or Elon Musk that). 😃 o_O
Macro assembler? Or you mean stuff like STA (making that up) that might mean load register A from memory xyz. The macro assembler was almost a higher level language. But I thought 'C' was the best. Down to the nitty gritty or pretty high up with the standard libraries.

Dem were da fun daze. Working as a regular corp cobol programmer during the day and up to 4am doing sidework on a PC. UP at 7 to start all over again.

That’s crazy. All of my numbers are better than yours (except hard braking, 0.3%), yet I still have a 99? (0.9, 0.3, 0.3, 0.3, 0)
Hello GlmnAlyAirCar (GAAC), and also MarcG. I found this comment to be very interesting. Indeed, if we look at the individual scores as shown in MarcG's screenshot:

FCW: 0.9
HB: 0.2
AT: 0.8
UFT: 2.0
FAD: 0

Plugging these into the formula gives 99.125, which ought not to round to 100. With your scores, GAAC, the calculation gives 99.128: as you suspected, your score ought to be close to MarcG's.

But wait! The actual score is a mileage-weighted average of your daily (total) scores, and since the scoring function is nonlinear, it's not the case that the score based on the average of the parameters is equal to the average of the scores based on the daily parameters! Isn't that interesting? So in fact you cannot go from the five overall parameters to calculate your overall score. You actually have to do the mileage-weighted average (although often the two results are close). I've verified this on my numbers as well. So the overall individual scores are just guidelines.

Michael

It's in Richmond Hill, ON. I see no reason it couldn't be in BC. Didn't watch or listen to his commentary so he might be Canadian or not, but if Joshua C has just driven an FSD Beta across the border from the US it's not geofenced.
Its not geofeced (someone has a video of hacked fsd beta in eastern europe). But they are not offering fsd beta to anyone in in Canada now, right ? There was no button to push 2 weeks back.

Reactions: Dan D.
What a great day! Since Beta didn't roll out I took the boat out, threw on a wetsuit and went eFoiling. The water was so glassy and hardly any other boats out. I saw a bear on shore while eFoiling! He seemed pretty confused as to what I was, LOL. Then I got home and went for a bike ride, great work out! Thank you Elon for delaying Beta! I'm happy. :) Oh, please go back to the drama now, sorry for the interruption.