Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, it was weird to get that big dump so early in the day. They usually happen like 10 pm pacific time. Not mid-day... so I wouldn't be surprised to see a big dump in the next 3 hours
I would (be surprised). Even with the slow roll of 3.2 and release of 3.3, it’s still slower than it should be, given the extensive testing prior to 3.2 and quick 3.3 release. So, expect 3.4 later this week, would be my guess. YOMV.

When there’s actual true rollouts that are meant to go to every tester, there tends to be a 2-3 day gap between rollouts in the beginning. If we don’t see any by Wednesday night, then I’d say we probably are waiting for 11.3.4/11.4

Seems there’s a big disconnect between Elon and the FSD team, because he tweeted there was a revision needed and then the FSD team sent out the last wave to people anyway, and that’s caused a lot of confusion with the Tesla fan Twitter accounts

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
I also think that any rollouts could get limited based on the disengagement voice feedback rate. Based on my own personal usage of FSD Beta, if I were to actually give feedback for most of my normal disengagements, there would be lots of not critically useful data. For example, every time I disengage because I see a red light, yellow light, or stopped line of cars in the distance and want to coast longer to increase driving efficiency... Useful information for efficiency tuning as long as the car is capable of seeing(recognizing) what I see at the given distance, but from a general FSD operation standpoint, not too useful I don't think.

I will say that I drove all the way home yesterday for the first time on 11.3.3 and tried to not disengage except for critical or logic/navigation errors and it did pretty good. There was only one thing that surprised me and that was one path through an intersection. The only other thing that bothers me is that it doesn't drive the way I do but it never will. I analyze traffic and vehicle locations and strategically plan lane changes way better than the car is currently doing.

Or L2 for that matter - as it can and will still try to kill you; unlike the basic, but completely predictable and safe, Subaru Eyesight L2.
I know a guy who would beg to differ. He has Subaru Eyesight L2 and there is a spot on his daily commute where it will slam on the brakes every time. He says it won't even let him override with the accelerator, so it sounds to me like it might try to kill you, and FWIW, it seems unlikely that it will change via OTA.

Why do you say that? It arrived for me (and others) yesterday, and there continue to be installs today.
As many have mentioned, no new releases from Tesla in 48 hours. Downloads are just people finally getting to doing their install from the last Tesla release over two days ago. Burning down from that Teslafi lot lot around -750 on Sunday. So, that’s why I say “that”. 🥱

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Reactions: Bull
First drive on 11.3.3 in the books, in my MY2022. 10-mile drive in West LA.

Three disengagements. First was at the end of a freeway onramp, when the car insisted on staying exactly parallel with another car as the two lanes narrowed and merged. I had to manually brake and pull in behind. Second was exiting the freeway, 405N to Wilshire W; the street was gridlocked and the car seemed unable to make any progress. I had to intervene and aggressively work my way through it, otherwise I'd probably still be stuck there. Third was on a surface street, a parked car had its driver door open and the Tesla didn't seem to see it at all, and nearly sideswiped it at high speed. Had to brake and swerve to avoid taking their door off.

Lots of room for improvement, not much noticeable difference from previous builds. Still requires watching like a hawk! As incredible as the technology is, I sadly suspect it will remain this way for quite a few years to come.

So I downloaded V11.3.3 2 days ago. Unfortunately still largely unusable for turns, particularly left turns, on local streets. Hesitates, yanks wheel violently left and right and stops and starts abruptly during turn. Horrible.

Good news is highway driving is now excellent with smooth lane changes

Also why is top portion of left-hand screen still blank with no speed limit info? What are the designers thinking?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Oil Freedom
35 mph local roads and one thing for sure is it doesn't like roads that have sections of different pavement. A lot of municipalities have sections of repaved road as opposed to paving the whole thing. Also, auto steer availability was fluttering on and off, not just on this section - while previous version did okay with these roads. I'm going to reboot and try again later. No highway until the weekend.
PXL_20230329_165019653.jpg

As many have mentioned, no new releases from Tesla in 48 hours. Downloads are just people finally getting to doing their install from the last Tesla release over two days ago. Burning down from that Teslafi lot lot around -750 on Sunday. So, that’s why I say “that”. 🥱
And yet it continues to roll out...

As for this being delayed installs, I'd say most Teslafi etc reporters are a biased sample who are far more likely to rush to an install, so I consider that unlikely. Besides, so what? Or do you just want Tesla to fail so you can say "told you so"?