Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And yet it continues to roll out...

As for this being delayed installs, I'd say most Teslafi etc reporters are a biased sample who are far more likely to rush to an install, so I consider that unlikely. Besides, so what? Or do you just want Tesla to fail so you can say "told you so"?
Doc, it is not continuing to “roll out”. Tesla’s last release was on Sunday. See all prior posts from many about the facts. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDtester#1

As for this being delayed installs, I'd say most Teslafi etc reporters are a biased sample who are far more likely to rush to an install, so I consider that unlikely. Besides, so what? Or do you just want Tesla to fail so you can say "told you so"?
Disagreed because of what @jebinc Said is 💯 correct.
He and I and a few others have been using beta and Teslafi for 18 months.
The last push was 3/27
People have just been installing since.
Pending install numbers go down while installed numbers go up
My car is on teslafi and know how it works.
You will know when a new drop hits because all us losers will be posting about it immediately!!
The number on the far left on teslafi will go way up.
Just stay tuned to this or any beta thread

Disagreed because of what @jebinc Said is 💯 correct.
He and I and a few others have been using beta and Teslafi for 18 months.
The last push was 3/27
People have just been installing since.
Pending install numbers go down while installed numbers go up
My car is on teslafi and know how it works.
You will know when a new drop hits because all us losers will be posting about it immediately!!
The number on the far left on teslafi will go way up.
Just stay tuned to this or any beta thread
Yeah, this has been said over and over… including in my post that the doc replied “it’s still rolling out” to….

1F556897-9546-4AF2-B121-FA9C6B80023E.png

And yet you still don't know how to read TeslaFi data, or you just want to say it is "still rolling out" because there were ANY installs for any reason, but that would be disingenuous.

The installs that are happening are FROM the rollout, but they are not part of a currently continuing rollout. The rollout was stopped and not continued, but rollout is in the sense that some group of vehicles have been given permission to download and install 11.3.3. Since approx 3/27, no NEW "invitations" have been sent to other vehicles. Hence, the rollout has been stopped.

As of writing this post, there are ~180 pending installs(in various states of "pending"). Yesterday there were only 37 TeslaFi listed actual installations. 37 installs in one day compared to over 700 installs on 3/26 is not an indication that they are still "rolling out" 11.3.3.

But you keep your semantics/technicality game up! :rolleyes:

Do you stand under a tree after it has stopped raining and declare "see its STILL raining!" because there is water falling from the tree? Same thing here.

The installs that are happening are FROM the rollout, but they are not part of a currently continuing rollout. The rollout was stopped and not continued, but rollout is in the sense that some group of vehicles have been given permission to download and install 11.3.3. Since approx 3/27, no NEW "invitations" have been sent to other vehicles. Hence, the rollout has been stopped.

We're trying to tell you that this exact same thing happens for almost every firmware version. The only record we have left on TeslaFi are lumpy charts, but it's from the very same staggered rollout pattern.

Historically, Tesla has also pulled the firmware version away from the pending vehicles when they've really wanted to stop a deployment.

We're trying to tell you that this exact same thing happens for almost every firmware version. The only record we have left on TeslaFi are lumpy charts, but it's from the very same staggered rollout pattern.

Historically, Tesla has also pulled the firmware version away from the pending vehicles when they've really wanted to stop a deployment.

Yes I agree that if Tesla saw an issue with a version and wanted to completely cease pending installations, they could EASILY do that.

The issue i think people are really having is with semantics and ideas of what would be a interpretation of the given scenario. From memory here....at some point on 3/28 on TeslaFi there were about 280 pending download/installations listed. As of writing this there are 178. If you use the actual installation numbers going back to 3/28 you get a value of between 220-305 which my 280 falls between. The theory here is that it looks like Tesla stopped ADDING vehicles to the authorized to download/install list since I will say probably 3/27.

So if Tesla stops adding vehicles to the download/install list, then I think a lot of people would consider the rollout stopped at that point. Tesla stopped adding cars to the authorized list...so they stopped rolling out that version.

Yes, absolutely there is a technical argument to say that since Tesla is still allowing the previously authorized vehicles to complete the download/install that the rollout is continuing....BUT for all intents and purposes, Tesla has stopped 11.3.3 and likely has moved on.

Could Tesla start adding more vehicles to 11.3.3 and therefor "re-start" the rollout, sure...do I believe that in that scenario, this stopped rollout would then turn into a "pause" versus a "halted and restarted" rollout...yes.

Terminology, semantics, technicalities, all fun things that get argued about on the forums!

Reactions: jebinc

I don't want to get into a back and forth about this point, but this would be easy enough to prove if someone had full historical data from TeslaFi that showed a precipitous drop in download pending and install pending numbers without a matching increase in actual install numbers. TeslaFi probably has that data stored. Whether anyone has actually done regular tracking of the live data from TeslaFi is unknown, and would have to be someone REALLY into data analytics.
I used to long term track daily installation numbers but I never looked at the other values in detail as that is a lot of additional work that I didn't want to do manually.

Can you provide a version where you believe that Tesla pulled back all pending downloads and installations?

Reactions: jebinc
Can you provide a version where you believe that Tesla pulled back all pending downloads and installations?

The issue is that TeslaFi only tracks historic installations, not historic pending installations. But we have anecdotal evidence on this forum that Tesla does have a mechanism to halt deployment of a firmware version and pull pending installations. Here's two threads that came up after a quick search:

a continued rollout means they've ungated new cars for the firmware. it's not complicated. Last ungating was Mar 27. People who are slow to install does not mean there's a continued rollout.
Well stated, but of course, some will still not get it. Oh well. Moving on as those that do (get it) wait to hear that 11.3.4 has been released to employees… 🥱

The issue is that TeslaFi only tracks historic installations, not historic pending installations. But we have anecdotal evidence on this forum that Tesla does have a mechanism to halt deployment of a firmware version and pull pending installations. Here's two threads that came up after a quick search:

Well the public facing TeslaFi data does not track historic pending installations....easy enough to manually log it down everyday into a spreadsheet. Behind the scenes I'm sure TeslaFi has the data.

Your anecdotal evidence is one instance from 2018(with listed version), and another thread from 2021 that has people talking about it but with no listed version to be able to attempt to flush out the TeslaFi data for?

If you have an actual more recent, I'll even give you back to the beginning of 2022, maybe even 2021, version where there is more than single instances of the same version getting pulled then I can try and find data to support/disprove.

Well the public facing TeslaFi data does not track historic pending installations....easy enough to manually log it down everyday into a spreadsheet. Behind the scenes I'm sure TeslaFi has the data.

Your anecdotal evidence is one instance from 2018(with listed version), and another thread from 2021 that has people talking about it but with no listed version to be able to attempt to flush out the TeslaFi data for?

If you have an actual more recent, I'll even give you back to the beginning of 2022, maybe even 2021, version where there is more than single instances of the same version getting pulled then I can try and find data to support/disprove.
Let’s all agree - 11.3.3 is DOA and let us let it “Rest In Peace” as we await the next dot release. 🤣💥

I also think that any rollouts could get limited based on the disengagement voice feedback rate. Based on my own personal usage of FSD Beta, if I were to actually give feedback for most of my normal disengagements, there would be lots of not critically useful data. For example, every time I disengage because I see a red light, yellow light, or stopped line of cars in the distance and want to coast longer to increase driving efficiency... Useful information for efficiency tuning as long as the car is capable of seeing(recognizing) what I see at the given distance, but from a general FSD operation standpoint, not too useful I don't think.

I will say that I drove all the way home yesterday for the first time on 11.3.3 and tried to not disengage except for critical or logic/navigation errors and it did pretty good. There was only one thing that surprised me and that was one path through an intersection. The only other thing that bothers me is that it doesn't drive the way I do but it never will. I analyze traffic and vehicle locations and strategically plan lane changes way better than the car is currently doing.
I don’t think there will be that many voice notes as that option seems to only be for ppl with the camera icon for snapshots as well. We got 11.3.3, but no snapshot button & no voice notes option after a disengagement.
Me thinks he's talking about the MS or MX display in FSDb does not show the road speed limit.
If you turn off the “expand FSD visualization” you’ll still have your speed limit sign. I used to have it on, but now have it off since the speed limit sign is gone now on V11 with the expanded visualization in the S/X.
Correct. The MX is blank in the top quarter of the screen. Really annoying. The M3 & Y do show the speed limit sign.
The “expand FSD visualization“ option controls if this is visible or not. You can turn this option on/off while driving & with FSD Beta engaged.

• Helpful
I don’t think there will be that many voice notes as that option seems to only be for ppl with the camera icon for snapshots as well. We got 11.3.3, but no snapshot button & no voice notes option after a disengagement.

verifiably false. friend of mine doesn't have the old camera snapshot button but has gotten the voice prompt after every disengagement. Better question is if there's some method to when it shows up (type of disengagement, environment, etc).

-edit-
another possibility: that feature was not rolled out to the entire fleet all at once. could be that they're testing it in limited cars. or cars in certain geographies or driving conditions, etc.

• Informative
verifiably false. friend of mine doesn't have the old camera snapshot button but has gotten the voice prompt after every disengagement. Better question is if there's some method to when it shows up (type of disengagement, environment, etc).

-edit-
another possibility: that feature was not rolled out to the entire fleet all at once. could be that they're testing it in limited cars. or cars in certain geographies or driving conditions, etc.
Good to know! We have not had it show up once for any disengagement, stalk, pedal, or steering wheel. I hope we get the voice options in the future.

Good to know! We have not had it show up once for any disengagement, stalk, pedal, or steering wheel. I hope we get the voice options in the future.
I'd be curious if this is a telemetry permission issue. Check your settings and make sure you've allowed Telsa to collect and transmit any/all data to them. I don't recall which menu controls it, and I'm not in front of my car.

-edit-
FWIW, I've never seen a voice prompt for any disengagement in my 2017 MX, ever. That feature might require newer hardware? In any case, I lost the camera snapshot button in 10.69.3.1 (late November), and it didn't come back with 11.3.2 or 11.3.3.