Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry. Is that beta. I’m on 2023.12.10 now. That’s one’s beta.

Yes, 2023.12.11 is FSD beta. Since you're on beta and it's the .1 release above yours it's offering you the latest version. People on beta are typically only offered beta updates and those without beta are typically only offered non beta updates.

Bookmark TeslaFi and goto their Software Tracker section; as it tracks all the versions and states what are beta and what version of beta.

You can also check release notes from here with link to another site that posts them.

Yes, 2023.12.11 is FSD beta. Since you're on beta and it's the .1 release above yours it's offering you the latest version. People on beta are typically only offered beta updates and those without beta are typically only offered non beta updates.

Bookmark TeslaFi and goto their Software Tracker section; as it tracks all the versions and states what are beta and what version of beta.

You can also check release notes from here with link to another site that posts them.
Thank you. Learned something new!

Reactions: jeremymc7
Ok. What's the question?

I'm still on 2023.7.10 and would love to get an install notice with all the updates of the 2023.12 branch updates.
Looks like a period and a capital letter were forgotten, but a clear question can still be made out.
This is how I interpret it:

“My car wants to update (Period, followed by capital I) is 2023.12.11 FSD beta?”

Answer: you can check TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker or look at my screenshot below… looks like it is!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0792.jpeg
    IMG_0792.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
My car wants to update is 2023.12.11 FSD beta?

2023.12.11 is FSD Beta 11.3.6, but not the latest 11.4.x version.

Asumming I understand this correctly...
Since you are already on the 2023.12.x version, to get 11.4.x, you will have to wait until there is an 11.4.x branch off the 2023.12.x branch you have.

2023.7.5 (FSD Beta 11.4.1)
2023.12.9 (non-FSD)
2023.12.10 (FSD Beta 11.3.6)
2023.12.11 (FSD Beta 11.3.6*) [*there are two 11.3.6 versions for some reason]
2023.7.10 (FSD Beta 11.4.2)
2023.7.15 (FSD Beta 11.4.3)

Here is a post where this is discussed.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
2023.12.11 is FSD Beta 11.3.6, but not the latest 11.4.x version.

Asumming I understand this correctly...
Since you are already on the 2023.12.x version, to get 11.4.x, you will have to wait until there is an 11.4.x branch off the 2023.12.x branch you have.

It’s getting so crazy lately. You have two main versions and several sub versions all being pushed out more or less at the same time. Along with the last base software having an older version of FSD while the never version of FSD is using an older base software. I’m only referring to FSD and not the NON FSD also being pushed out in various forms since we haven’t rolled up to a single version for everyone yet.

The amount of various versions to various cars all being active at the same time just feels unlike anything we’ve seen since 2012’ish. Obviously there are multiple years, cars, features. But there’s more going on here than just that.

So I accidentally downloaded 2023.7.10 last night because I turned on my wifi hotspot for my husband to use while we were having a picnic and the car hopped onto that and downloaded the update I've been ignoring because it didn't offer what I wanted (and others get.)

I really didn't want 11.4.2 but we now have it (he did the install after we got home). What I really want is the larger font and scroll wheel control options.

To me it is crazy that the only way to get the updates that I want is to withdraw fully from the FSDb program (after paying $10K to get in it) because the non-FSD people get the UI improvements and the rest of us are left with FSDb(ollocks) and nothing worth updating for. We've learned our lesson and made the car forget my hotspot so this won't happen again.

But while I do understand why there may be different download streams for FSD and non FSD, I don't understand why there are dramatically different UI features that one group gets and not the other. That makes no sense to me. I understand new features may not immediately roll out but it has been about 3 months AND 2 updates to FSDb. It hasn't been 2 weeks and I'm not asking them to push out a new update just for the UI. But they've had plenty of time and updates to repair part of my relationship with the effing UI.

So I accidentally downloaded 2023.7.10 last night because I turned on my wifi hotspot for my husband to use while we were having a picnic and the car hopped onto that and downloaded the update I've been ignoring because it didn't offer what I wanted (and others get.)

I really didn't want 11.4.2 but we now have it (he did the install after we got home). What I really want is the larger font and scroll wheel control options.

To me it is crazy that the only way to get the updates that I want is to withdraw fully from the FSDb program (after paying $10K to get in it) because the non-FSD people get the UI improvements and the rest of us are left with FSDb(ollocks) and nothing worth updating for. We've learned our lesson and made the car forget my hotspot so this won't happen again.

But while I do understand why there may be different download streams for FSD and non FSD, I don't understand why there are dramatically different UI features that one group gets and not the other. That makes no sense to me. I understand new features may not immediately roll out but it has been about 3 months AND 2 updates to FSDb. It hasn't been 2 weeks and I'm not asking them to push out a new update just for the UI. But they've had plenty of time and updates to repair part of my relationship with the effing UI.
For improved happiness, it might be wise to refrain from reading about the features in each new non-FSD SW branch. Just let it all be a pleasant surprise when this features show up in the FSD versions many months later.

No, it’s FSDj(unk)! 🤣

For improved happiness, it might be wise to refrain from reading about the features in each new non-FSD SW branch. Just let it all be a pleasant surprise when this features show up in the FSD versions many months later.
If Tesla documented everything, I'd do that. But they don't. So I need to read forums to learn things about my car. And that's where I see new features being offered in updates.

If Tesla made every update stable and worthwhile, I wouldn't have to pay attention to the updates and know which ones I'd like to take a pass on in order to keep my sanity (and be stuck waiting for the corrective update.) But they don't, so I need to read forums to see how stable/useful/non-destructive the update is before downloading it myself.