Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: Comprehensive Road-Course Modification Guide — Optimizing the 3 for the track

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unplugged pads are almost twice the price of carbotech (XP12/XP10). Do they actually perform worth the price?

Any other pad the consensus for best track pad lately?

Endless EX90 or EX99
(510) 683-0000
[email protected]
or
Phone: (949) 380-0801 ext. 2
E-Mail: [email protected]

Cobalt Friction - XR2
Cobalt Friction Racing Brake Pads

Raybestos ST43 - I think currently out of stock.
https://www.knsbrakes.com/c/car-ser...3+Base/969_Raybestos+ST43+Brake+Pads+-+Custom

I got two track days out of my front XT910s, then they were toast.. and this is on RB’s own rotors. One of which I had to replace because the pads went down metal-to-metal. I must brake a lot harder than you ;)

Because I have only been autocross! Started doing and track and immediately noticed issues...hence wanting to upgrade!

Heard the same noise complaints about carbotech and so wanted raybestos, but those are impossible to get so...

Cobalt clocks in at $726 as well. Of course they say "never street drive on our pads" just like any other track pad manufacturer. Wonder how bad it would be compared to raybestos or carbotech.

Do others street drive or just swap your pads for events?

Ppl have been reporting that carbotech are noisy. No first hand experience. Hopefully I'll get to try the Cobalt XR2 this weekend.

XT-970's were nearly silent. Carbotech RP2's were absolutely not quiet.

I know a couple of people here running Carbotechs and they say they're not noisy as long as you use hold mode.
This is XP10 compound I believe.

More like if you never hit the brakes lol. If you need to make a stop using friction they were horrifyingly loud. Good for the track, but not for the street.

XT-970's were nearly silent. Carbotech RP2's were absolutely not quiet.

More like if you never hit the brakes lol. If you need to make a stop using friction they were horrifyingly loud. Good for the track, but not for the street.

There are at least 4 of us (M3Ps) in the UK using Carbotech XP10s for track and road use and no-one has had any squealing issues when braking. We do all use hold mode.

Maybe that's an issue with RP2 compound, but it isn't with XP10 I can assure you.

• Informative
Reactions: SummerlinChiro
I just finished my Endless EX90 pads, it has about 25% left and it really is unsafe at this point. I think I have a total of 8 track days on it, but I normally don't run more than 2-3 laps on it per session. They are rotor friendly and are fairly quiet (they will still make noise). They are a good beginner track pad, but I would not recommend it for people that have been to the track. I personally think it is more of a street pad than track pads.

I should add I am only getting this life from babying it (I never do more than 2 laps back to back).