Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: V 2019.40.1.1 170kW charging, Neural Net for Auto Wipers, Auto Lane Change quicker

Did you get 2019.40 or higher?

• Yes

Votes: 152 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 353 69.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. Newbie question here. Just actually took delivery today off my SR+ FSD and software is on 2019.35.102. 2 questions. 1. Have I not even received the 5% boost yet and 2. Hope long sure it usually take to get the latest update. I did already turn on advanced. Thank you

Do you have the car connected to WiFi at home? 2019.36.x.x is the version with the 5% boost. So you do not yet have it.

Reactions: Waverider317
Any idea if this version I'm running is unique to the 2020 SR+ Does it include the t% bump 2019.35.102. I can't seem to find solid info on it.
Hey Waverider, congrats on the new car!

When I bought my SR in April I had a weird firmware that no one else had as well, turned out it was because my car was one of the first HW3 cars and that required a different firmware from everyone else. It's likely you have all the latest and greatest features already. If not the next update will probably align you back with the rest of the flock (it did for me). Honestly it's not a big deal to be on the latest firmware for Teslas because half the time the new updates have issues you'd rather let the more enthusiastic fellow owners iron out anyway :D

Since you have 250mi range I think the reason you have a rare firmware is either:
1. Your car has physical changes from 2019 SR+ models that gets you 10 more miles and as such needs different firmware to run.
2. Your car has a special firmware because it's a 2020 SR+ model and the software improvement is giving you 10 more miles than the 2019 model.(some legal reason to match EPA stated range in car)

Either way I think you probably have the 5% increase if it says you have a power increase in the patch notes.

If you can test the supercharger rate, try to run the car down to 20-30% and plug it into a V2 supercharger (without a neighbor so you don't share power) or a V3 supercharger and see if it charges above 100kW. That would likely mean your 2019.35.xx firmware has the improvements from the 2019.40.xx firmware.

Hey Waverider, congrats on the new car!

When I bought my SR in April I had a weird firmware that no one else had as well, turned out it was because my car was one of the first HW3 cars and that required a different firmware from everyone else. It's likely you have all the latest and greatest features already. If not the next update will probably align you back with the rest of the flock (it did for me). Honestly it's not a big deal to be on the latest firmware for Teslas because half the time the new updates have issues you'd rather let the more enthusiastic fellow owners iron out anyway :D

Since you have 250mi range I think the reason you have a rare firmware is either:
1. Your car has physical changes from 2019 SR+ models that gets you 10 more miles and as such needs different firmware to run.
2. Your car has a special firmware because it's a 2020 SR+ model and the software improvement is giving you 10 more miles than the 2019 model.(some legal reason to match EPA stated range in car)

Either way I think you probably have the 5% increase if it says you have a power increase in the patch notes.

If you can test the supercharger rate, try to run the car down to 20-30% and plug it into a V2 supercharger (without a neighbor so you don't share power) or a V3 supercharger and see if it charges above 100kW. That would likely mean your 2019.35.xx firmware has the improvements from the 2019.40.xx firmware.
Hey peakshaving!

Thank you!!! Super excited and been wanting to join the club for a while. Loving it sofar. I agree with you on the firmware I'm running. I'm the release notes it does state everything from the newer builds in included such as the advanced visuals performance etc.

I went to a super charging station today but it must have been a "peak" time as it was busy and it would only let me charge up.to 80% so it wasn't a good I'll test. How can I tell of the station is a V2 or V3 charger?

thats 80% is fine! what KW did it say while you were charging? did it go over 100kw? also there is only one v3 charger and its in vegas. so all the others are v2

Nope, there’s also a v3 charger in Hawthorne, one in Fremont, and one in Kettleman City.

You’ll know it’s a v3 stall if there’s a red 250kW sign above it. For example:

86F594B2-4156-46D5-9D11-7B85F8049D14.jpeg

Hey peakshaving!

Thank you!!! Super excited and been wanting to join the club for a while. Loving it sofar. I agree with you on the firmware I'm running. I'm the release notes it does state everything from the newer builds in included such as the advanced visuals performance etc.

I went to a super charging station today but it must have been a "peak" time as it was busy and it would only let me charge up.to 80% so it wasn't a good I'll test. How can I tell of the station is a V2 or V3 charger?

Super quick rundown- The map on your car will tell you the peak charging rate of each station. If it says 250kW then it's version 3 (or at least has them). You can tell it's V3 because there's a little "250kW" sign on top of these chargers (at least at Kettleman City.) There are some stations that are all V3 so maybe they won't have them? You can do a quick search on this forum to see in detail ways to tell, but for us what we're really curious about is whether you're achieving above 100kW at any point in time with your SR+.

IMPORTANT NOTE! You can only achieve the peak speeds if you start charging with under 30% battery on your car, so make sure you arrive with below 30% if you're trying to test the speed of a charger.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and Matsayz
Fo
Super quick rundown- The map on your car will tell you the peak charging rate of each station. If it says 250kW then it's version 3 (or at least has them). You can tell it's V3 because there's a little "250kW" sign on top of these chargers (at least at Kettleman City.) There are some stations that are all V3 so maybe they won't have them? You can do a quick search on this forum to see in detail ways to tell, but for us what we're really curious about is whether you're achieving above 100kW at any point in time with your SR+.

IMPORTANT NOTE! You can only achieve the peak speeds if you start charging with under 30% battery on your car, so make sure you arrive with below 30% if you're trying to test the speed of a charger.
Got it. Ok thanks! I'll run the batterydown more today and hopefully get there to try. I have a SC station by my office

I actually am enjoying the wiper improvements. I think they're better, but nowhere near perfect yet.

I did some VERY unscientific testing at the time stamp linked below, but I will admit I was impressed with the wipers responding to a very small amount of mist from a spray bottle as spray from the road has always been my biggest issue with auto wipers.