Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 2022 Orders - when is your delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What did you text them? I am about to do the same
I replied to the 510 number that texted about my VIN coming soon "I just saw an article about a $3,750 credit for those that take delivery in December. Could you confirm we would receive that? Thanks in advance!" and they replied that I would receive it if I pick the car up this month.

Very unexpected but I'm very happy with their decision on this! Hopefully the car comes this month.

Just heard the news and logged into my Tesla account. For the month of Dec Tesla will give you 3700 dollars just for you accepting the car in Dec 2022. The reason is that people are canceling their orders in favor of waiting till Jan to take advantage of the tax break. I rather take that deal. I hope I get a VIN tomorrow.

Whoa just got my VIN!
7SAYGDEE0PF6##### ... my EDD was 12/5-12/31
I was assuming I would get an Austin build since I am NJ guess I was wrong
I have the same EDD of 12/5 - 12/31, and am still anxiously waiting for my VIN. With this new credit, I now have a fear that I will be pushed out till January. I'm even wondering if I should change my configuration to get one that's more common and readily available.

Ordered May 2022: MYLR, Blue/White, 19”, Tow, FSD, Maryland

I don't have a VIN yet, and just received this text:

Good morning from Tesla Owings Mills. We would like to let you know, since you have an order placed for a Model 3 or Model Y, there is good news for you! For the month of December, Tesla is offering all of our Model 3 and Model Y customers a DISCOUNT of $3,750 off of the purchase price (no obligations), as long as you take delivery within this month. If you haven't been assigned to a VIN yet, please respond and we can look at our options available within our inventory list. Looking forward to welcoming you to the Tesla Family soon!

I've responded to the text, and am open to buying something from inventory. However, the price from my configuration has gone up by $6K since I ordered, so unless they also adjust to match the pricing on their inventory, it wouldn't make sense to pay $6K more to get the $3750 discount. We'll see what they say.

I don't have a VIN yet, and just received this text:

Good morning from Tesla Owings Mills. We would like to let you know, since you have an order placed for a Model 3 or Model Y, there is good news for you! For the month of December, Tesla is offering all of our Model 3 and Model Y customers a DISCOUNT of $3,750 off of the purchase price (no obligations), as long as you take delivery within this month. If you haven't been assigned to a VIN yet, please respond and we can look at our options available within our inventory list. Looking forward to welcoming you to the Tesla Family soon!

I've responded to the text, and am open to buying something from inventory. However, the price from my configuration has gone up by $6K since I ordered, so unless they also adjust to match the pricing on their inventory, it wouldn't make sense to pay $6K more to get the $3750 discount. We'll see what they say.
They will keep the $6K saving for you.
I texted yesterday to ask if they could deliver before my vacation leave. They assigned VIN and called me back right away, and offered me to pick up in 2 hours. However I was not ready (money was not in bank). SA said they have many inventories, and eager to move cares ASAP. Then assigned to pick up next Monday. However I prefer weekend, will see if I can reschedule today.

Last edited:
got my vin assigned today for delivery in a few weeks and checked with SA.
Confirmed will get the discount if delivered in December.
They are working with us to get it sorted in between vacations which makes it worth it for us to get it this month, just bummed that it isn't an Austin car.
Will be good to have it for our January trip as well.