Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 2022 Orders - when is your delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dates just updated again: Dec 25-31. No VIN yet. Will do what I can to pick it up first week of Jan.

Edit: I replied to the VIN in 1-2 weeks text from Tesla about delaying until Jan, and they said we could look into potential options once VIN is assigned.

Last edited:
My EDD date has moved up within the last month 4 times with each EDD date getting closer to Dec 1, 2023, but no VIN number yet. I now have a date of Dec 8 to the 31. I wonder, if I paid for the car in Dec 2022 and pick it up in January 2023, is the pick-up date what counts for the tax rebate, or the date you paid?

My EDD date has moved up within the last month 4 times with each EDD date getting closer to Dec 1, 2023, but no VIN number yet. I now have a date of Dec 8 to the 31. I wonder, if I paid for the car in Dec 2022 and pick it up in January 2023, is the pick-up date what counts for the tax rebate, or the date you paid?
Take this with a grain of salt, but I remember it said the date the vehicle goes into service in the bill, which would be your delivery date.

How are you guys communicating with SA. I have a delivery pickup next week and I would to ask the SA if I can pickup a day or two early. I don't see anywhere in the software to text anyone.
I replied back to the text that gives you updates. The last few were trade in options, then my vin number would be assigned in 1-2 weeks and finally I got a text that my vin was assigned. That is when I replied asking to delay my pickup day

I just got my VIN 7SAYGDEE2PF6XXXXX 5 Seat White Interior on Blue. DD 11/27 - 12/5
I have a trade in 2019 M3 and would prefer to a DD of 1/23. Texting "Very Smooth" will delay my DD to 2023? Is this correct?
No. “Very smooth” was describing how easy it was to delay the delivery date. I just replied to the text letting me know I was assigned my vin. I told them my original EDD and the reason I’m asking to delay it. They responded asking is Jan/Feb ok? And I agreed.

Reactions: sa012
Anyone knows what it mean from order agreement? After second VIN assignment, can I wait 30 days of taking delivery? It's very confising.

Delivery; Transfer of Title. If you are picking up your Vehicle in a state where we are licensed to sell the Vehicle, we will notify you of when we expect
your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Center, or other loca5on as we may agree to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of
your Vehicle within three (3) days of this date. If you do not respond to our notification or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your
Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers. For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within thirty (30) days of our first atempt to
no5fy you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee.

Anyone knows what it mean from order agreement? After second VIN assignment, can I wait 30 days of taking delivery? It's very confising.

Delivery; Transfer of Title. If you are picking up your Vehicle in a state where we are licensed to sell the Vehicle, we will notify you of when we expect
your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Center, or other loca5on as we may agree to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of
your Vehicle within three (3) days of this date. If you do not respond to our notification or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your
Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers. For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within thirty (30) days of our first atempt to
no5fy you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee.

I have a suspicion that most of us will get texts to schedule our delivery, whether or not Tesla actually has a VIN for us or not, by December 1.

I agree with FultonMUSA. I have a text that states prepare for delivery 1 Dec to 31 Dec and to complete the financing. I have not completed the financing until I get a VIN. I am thinking that Tesla will delivery \ contact those that already have financing completed. The more I can delay to 2023, the better.

5/What date did you order, and what are you planning to do?
What date did you order, and what are you planning to do?
Order date: 5/26
VIN assigned: 11/29
Thinking that I am going to request my order on hold, which will be 7 days and try to pick up as late as possible for the second VIN.
Also, I could cancel my order and purchase a used 2022 car in Jan 2023 because the used car price is becoming competitive.

This is interesting. I just got an email inviting me to a Pre-Delivery Orientation, available over the next two weekends. I guess I'll go, it's about an hour's drive from here. I've learned a lot by reading here and talking to my neighbors, but information specific to my order would be useful. Has anyone gone to one?
Our workshop will be focusing on getting you prepared for delivery and how our ecosystem works!
Everything from completing your Tesla profile, gaining more experience behind the wheel,
receiving a FREE energy quote for your home, and more.​

This is interesting. I just got an email inviting me to a Pre-Delivery Orientation, available over the next two weekends. I guess I'll go, it's about an hour's drive from here. I've learned a lot by reading here and talking to my neighbors, but information specific to my order would be useful. Has anyone gone to one?
Our workshop will be focusing on getting you prepared for delivery and how our ecosystem works!
Everything from completing your Tesla profile, gaining more experience behind the wheel,
receiving a FREE energy quote for your home, and more.​
I got invited to a virtual session a while ago over Microsoft Teams. The content was pretty much what you’ve described (prepare for delivery, setup profile, etc.).

I suspect the worthwhile part is the Q&A portion… but I had an issue with the MS Teams login that Tesla gave me, and that prevented me from seeing the Q&A (frustratingly). Without the Q&A it was pretty much a waste of time.

I got invited to a virtual session a while ago over Microsoft Teams. The content was pretty much what you’ve described (prepare for delivery, setup profile, etc.).

I suspect the worthwhile part is the Q&A portion… but I had an issue with the MS Teams login that Tesla gave me, and that prevented me from seeing the Q&A (frustratingly). Without the Q&A it was pretty much a waste of time.
Thanks. I signed up. I haven't received a 2-week window yet, and until then, this might be entertaining. :D