Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 2022 Orders - when is your delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New dates this morning. Tesla says Merry Christmas!

December 23 - December 31​

Sounds like a not fun time to try and take delivery. With that being so close to January, going to try and hold the order until the 1st.
Just got a new date as well. 26th-31st of December.

Much like you, I’m gonna push till after the 1st. Take my 7500 on the taxes and put more in a down payment.

Reactions: tyler_k1
New 3 day EDD for me:

Ordered May 2022: MYLR, Blue/White, 19”, Tow, FSD, Maryland

Estimated Delivery Dates:
(5/19) Nov 2022 - Feb 2023 (4 months)
(6/30) Dec 8 - Feb 2 (8 weeks)
(8/23) Dec 16 - Jan 27 (6 weeks)
(9/15) Nov 13 - Dec 18 (5 weeks)
(9/22) Nov 24 - Jan 5 (6 weeks)
(9/27) Nov 19 - Dec 24 (5 weeks)
(10/13) Dec 2022 (4+ weeks)
(10/15) Dec 15 - Dec 31 (2+ weeks)
(10/27) Dec 28 - Dec 31 (3 days)

I don't really understand these 3-7 day windows at end of December? I would think it has to do with cramming EOQ deliveries before tax credit time. But if they try to deliver in that last week then you are within your 7 (14?, 30?) day window to hold your order into 2023 OR you can reject and it will be 2023 before a new car is assigned.
I'm confused at the logic?? Is it just to prepare people to be available during Xmas?

I don't really understand these 3-7 day windows at end of December? I would think it has to do with cramming EOQ deliveries before tax credit time. But if they try to deliver in that last week then you are within your 7 (14?, 30?) day window to hold your order into 2023 OR you can reject and it will be 2023 before a new car is assigned.
I'm confused at the logic?? Is it just to prepare people to be available during Xmas
It feels like these are random dates that have little to do with the end date. At least until it narrows to seven days.

Pass the popcorn. I don't travel at Christmas so - bring it on. :D

Just got a new date as well. 26th-31st of December.

Much like you, I’m gonna push till after the 1st. Take my 7500 on the taxes and put more in a down payment.
My understanding is that the tax credit does not apply unless you purchased the vehicle in 2023. Since you have an order agreement with an order fee in 2022, you would not qualify. Also, the $7500 only applies if owe taxes during filing. So if you generally get money back during filing, then the $7500 would not apply.

My understanding is that the tax credit does not apply unless you purchased the vehicle in 2023. Since you have an order agreement with an order fee in 2022, you would not qualify. Also, the $7500 only applies if owe taxes during filing. So if you generally get money back during filing, then the $7500 would not apply.
Obviously nobody has taken delivery yet under the new bill so a lot is unknown, but I'm pretty certain it is based on the date you sign and take delivery, not the order date.

Obviously nobody has taken delivery yet under the new bill so a lot is unknown, but I'm pretty certain it is based on the date you sign and take delivery, not the order date.
Definitely a lot of unknowns, especially how much of the $7500 tax credit will be eligible because of of where Telsa's battery materials originate. Last I've read, it'll only be 75% of the $7500. Good luck to those who decide to wait!

Reactions: tyler_k1