Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess my Leaf is going bye bye now.... Just pulled the trigger on a CPO P85 now that we are getting a Supercharger.

Good for you!
MS is a much more viable multi-use and long-distance vehicle than a Leaf.

Memphis Supercharger addition/installation has been the lynchpin to North/South travel from STL to NOLA.
Still need Birmingham and Little Rock and a few more, but you will soon be all set.

Hope you already have a 14-50 Outlet at home for your new wheels.

Reactions: freefaller1985
I'm from nearby madisonville and have a house in grand rivers. I've been told that a kutawa location has been chosen. Someone I know who knows the owner of a kutawa hotel has indicated that his acquaintance's location was chosen over a Paducah location for a supercharger. I hope it works out as well for you as it does for me.

There are a handful of hotels in Kuttawa including a Hampton Inn - I think there have been a few superchargers located at Hampton Inns. I checked the Kentucky Building Permits database, and found only two active permits at commercial sites in Kuttawa - one at a Cross Fit gym, and the other at the Huck's Travel Center / Pilot Truck Center at 2299 east highway 62 across the street from the Hampton Inn. The truck stop would appear to be an ideal location - might be worth checking out if anyone passes through the area.

Reactions: jbcarioca
Stopped tonight after dropping daughter off. Nice setting sun photos, although all with my phone. Clear confirmation that there are/will be 8 connectors, all back in.
IMG_3201.JPG
IMG_3203.JPG
IMG_3204.JPG
IMG_3205.JPG
IMG_3208.JPG
IMG_3209.JPG
IMG_3210.JPG
IMG_3211.JPG
IMG_3212.JPG
IMG_3215.JPG
Cabinet and transformer location taking shape, with all (maybe most) conduit already placed, including feeder from pole to transformer tunneled at least part of the way, but not yet vertical out of the ground to the pole.

Last edited:
I'm coordinator of this project for the owner. The construction superintendent projects completion date of Nov 25th, but has a goal of Nov 1st. Final utility hookups with city is the unknown right now.

Hey dowxpert: higher in this thread one of the participants posts (summarized) that he went to a presentation at the Peabody by the "owner" who stated that after this site is done, next will be a site he also owns in Jackson,TN. Can you confirm or comment on that? Specifics if at all possible ...

Guess my Leaf is going bye bye now.... Just pulled the trigger on a CPO P85 now that we are getting a Supercharger.

I don't mean this to be critical, but why would a local charger make you want to buy a Tesla? Unless of course you live in a condo or apartment where you can't charge at night - in which case, that would kill one of the most pleasant parts of owning an EV - never stopping to "re-fuel" during your daily driving. And I would hate to have to go to a charger and spend an hour charging once a week or so (though I know some people enjoy the down time).

What I have truly never understood are the people who take time to drive to a supercharger, spend around an hour to charge, and then drive back home - all as a part of a money-saving effort. It's hard to believe that people's time isn't worth more than the $5-15 it saves them. I guess if you're retired and having nothing else to do, it may be worth it.

The funny thing is, my wife was saying she was going to go to our local charger on the days she went grocery shopping and "fill up" since it was so close. When I explained to her that we are on a special EV rate plan with our power company (5.3 cents per kwh) and that at most, she would save $4.50, she said, "oh, nevermind. That would be stupid." Yea, my thoughts exactly.

I was just wondering what your reasons were.

Reactions: jvonbokel
I don't mean this to be critical, but why would a local charger make you want to buy a Tesla? Unless of course you live in a condo or apartment where you can't charge at night - in which case, that would kill one of the most pleasant parts of owning an EV - never stopping to "re-fuel" during your daily driving. And I would hate to have to go to a charger and spend an hour charging once a week or so (though I know some people enjoy the down time).

What I have truly never understood are the people who take time to drive to a supercharger, spend around an hour to charge, and then drive back home - all as a part of a money-saving effort. It's hard to believe that people's time isn't worth more than the $5-15 it saves them. I guess if you're retired and having nothing else to do, it may be worth it.

The funny thing is, my wife was saying she was going to go to our local charger on the days she went grocery shopping and "fill up" since it was so close. When I explained to her that we are on a special EV rate plan with our power company (5.3 cents per kwh) and that at most, she would save $4.50, she said, "oh, nevermind. That would be stupid." Yea, my thoughts exactly.

I was just wondering what your reasons were.
It wasn't just Memphis getting a supercharger that made me pull the trigger on the P85. Now that the supercharger black hole is shrinking around there area was the main factor for me. I scuba dive in the Birmingham area alot and have friends and family in Atlanta so the one in Birmingham will be nice. I also frequent St.Louis a lot and the new one in Miner,Mo completes that route for me. Now for one or two in Arkansas to help with the I-40 and I-30 routes and most of my long distance traveling will be covered. Iv'e got a 14-50 plug in my garage so home charging isn't a factor.

There are a handful of hotels in Kuttawa including a Hampton Inn - I think there have been a few superchargers located at Hampton Inns. I checked the Kentucky Building Permits database, and found only two active permits at commercial sites in Kuttawa - one at a Cross Fit gym, and the other at the Huck's Travel Center / Pilot Truck Center at 2299 east highway 62 across the street from the Hampton Inn. The truck stop would appear to be an ideal location - might be worth checking out if anyone passes through the area.
Well this guy was the owner of a hotel so I doubt it will be at hucks. What I was told was that his hotel was chosen by tesla so the permit may not be completed as of yet. Could be bad info but here's to hoping not.

OK, we should be getting closer to when Tesla is adding a Supercharger here in Memphis.
Would like to hear input about possible locations and updates.
Try to avoid the "why someplace won't be a candidate" but places to promote the locations here in Memphis.

The best location I can think of, which models the layout of other SC locations I have charged at, is the Wolfchase Mall area.

Your thoughts?
Looks like they have started on the construction 3 days now. Anybody go buy as see the progress?
There should be ample power available, looking at CSFTN's pictures it looks like there is already 3-phase 480 on the pole (judging off the transformers MLGW installed).

The grid nearby should be relatively robust given St Francis hospital is around the corner and running parallel to I-240 are the ultra high voltage backhaul lines.

Looks like they have started on the construction 3 days now. Anybody go buy as see the progress? post some pics...