TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Meriden in talks to add Tesla supercharger station

Discussion in 'New England' started by JSergeant, May 14, 2018.

1. JSergeant

JSergeant Member

In case this hasn't already been posted:

City Planner Bob Seale said the station is only a possibility at this time.

“(I’ve had) discussions with (Tesla) and potentially putting it on a private property,” Seale said. He said Tesla has been looking at one location in particular, but did not say where.

Meriden in talks to add Tesla supercharger station

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. The Raza

The Raza Member

The Westfield Mall would be my guess if it’s not going to be at a service center of some kind or near the 691 / 91 junction.

3. SureValla

SureValla Member

#3 SureValla, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    I would be very disappointed by the mall location. Its too far off 91 in my opinion. I think the 15/91 interchange exit onto main st is the best location.

• Like x 1
  4. SureValla

SureValla Member

I took the liberty of emailing Mr. Seale referenced in the article. He responded telling me Tesla is planning on proposing the Dunkin' Donuts at 875 East Main St parking lot!

8 stalls

Meriden Supercharging Proposed Location

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 2
  5. Nikxice

Nikxice Member

That's a decent location for Supercharging. If this SC comes to pass, recommend Nardelli's Grinders across the road. Only drawback, East Main is a busy street, would want to use the crosswalks to get over there.

A friend who is a former town official and long time realtor told me he heard Tesla looked at a location on the east side of 91, off East Main and Pomeroy Ave. He said there was land for sale where a Volvo dealership had recently closed. Worth mentioning, perhaps if only to keep CARA and Fleming busy in the CT legislative off season.

• Like x 1
  6. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

Just wondering how many more dealerships will downsize or close and how much of prime real estate will open up for other businesses. Most of them are on much sought after prime properties.

7. Dan_A

Dan_A Member

Just an update, that former Volvo dealership has now become an F.W. Webb showroom.

8. tanker5

tanker5 Member

Hi. I came across this thread and took a ride by the Dunkin Donuts lot mentioned above. No construction yet, but it would be an excellent location. Right off 15 & 91. Any updates here on Tesla obtaining permits for this site?

9. Dan_A

Dan_A Member

Now that Waterbury is under construction, my guess is no Meriden for now.

10. tanker5

tanker5 Member

Why not? The sites would serve different routes. Waterbury serves 84, but is not convenient for 91/15.

• Like x 1
  11. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare For the Love of EVs

Was there ever a pin for a Meriden Supercharger?